View Vacancy - Generator Technician (23/16 ABJ)
Main purpose of job:
Manage the delivery of high quality, efficient and effective maintenance services across the estate to ensure the safety, reliability and operational effectiveness of all generators and control systems in compliance with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) Health and Safety (H&S) requirements practices and procedures.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- In consultation with the Technical Works Supervisers manage the effective and efficient maintenance of generators and control systems in the new office building in Abuja and all compounds across the consolidated residential estate.
- Ensure that all generators and control systems are kept in good order and are regulalry inspected and maintained in accordance with health and safety requirements and are fully compliant with FCO Standards.
- Ensure the provision of all emergency call out services to generators across the estate.
- Qualified (City and Guilds or equivalent) service engineer capable of working on generators up to 500KVA
- Minimum of 5 years experience in fault-finding and servicing of diesel engines and generators.
- Professionally trained in: electrical engineering, power electronics systems, electromechanical, mechatronic engineering.
- Technical understanding of synchronised control systems
- Excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills.
- Understanding of UK Health & Safety regulations
- Manual handling experience and working with automatic refuelling systems.
- Excellent communication skills, with a flexible, adaptable approach to working.
Full time position, core working hours are 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday. However the job holder will need to be flexible to respond to incidents and operational demands as the need arises.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Successful candidates not resident in Country will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
- Complete the application form in full as the information provided will be used for screening purposes.
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.