View Vacancy - Policy Delivery Officer – Rule of Law and Justice (KOS19.534)
The British Embassy in Kosovo is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Policy Delivery Officer dedicated to Rule of Law and Justice, based in Pristina. This is a maternity leave full-time position with a contract of an expected minimum of 6 months, with possibility of extension by mutual agreement until the jobholder returns.
The main role of the job is to act as the Embassy lead on justice and rule of law issues, providing reporting and analysis to the UK Government in order to drive forward relevant reforms. As well as delivery of our Justice Sector Programme.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in developing and overseeing UK-funded projects to deliver UK objectives relating to justice and the rule of law. The jobholder will need to engage with other actors, such as, international donors, Kosovan government, justice institutions and non-government organisations (NGO’s) to influence, coordinate activities and multiply impact.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow developments and gather information from wide range of sources to report on Rule of Law issues including judiciary, judicial institutions, judicial reform and other wider issues as and when required. Information must be accurate, timely and mindful to UK objectives and Kosovo legal framework;
- Report on judicial malfeasance, legal loopholes and high-profile cases of corruption, money laundering and organised crime;
- Build relationships with relevant institutions (NGO’s, international donors, Kosovan institutions). This will include liaising with senior officials from all levels of government and institutions;
- Maintain oversight of projects, providing direction, support and guidance. Maintain oversight of all projects including monitoring and evaluating their impact, budget spend, ensuring value for money and quality of delivery;
- Provide input in to new project design which will include scoping and implementation phases;
- Coordinate and work closely with team members and wider Embassy colleagues responsible for finance, reporting mechanisms and communications.
- Proficient level of English and Albanian (written and spoken, minimum of C1 level for CEFR framework*);
- Bachelor degree in Rule of Law and/or Justice related field;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience with justice and legal system;
- Programme and project management experience;
- Knowledge of rule of law and justice issues in Kosovo and policy experience of working on those issues;
- IT skills – advanced skills in MS products & interrogation (maintenance of databases are desirable);
- Ability to process and understand large amounts of data and information, turning into concise and accurate reports;
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders at all levels and communicating with wide variety of people;
- Ability to work closely with Kosovo and international institutions;
- Constructive, positive and service orientated attitude;
- Experience of working in an area with a high level of personal responsibility and has a track record of being accountable for own actions or decisions;
- Excellent organisational skills for document and record management;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to prioritise workload;
- Ability to respect the confidentiality of work issues and understands the personal and professional consequences of lapses in security;
- Flexible approach to work and travel.
- Budget management experience;
- Knowledge of one other Kosovo language would be an asset.
This is a temporary full-time position of 5 working days (36 hours net) per week, to cover a maternity leave for a minimum of 6 months, with possibility of extension by mutual agreement until the jobholder returns.
The monthly gross salary is € 1,722.90 and will be paid at a local B3 level.
The successful candidate, will be subject to confirmation of a professional background check and security clearance with a probationary period, and is expected to commence employment as soon as possible.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Kosovo. The British Embassy does not sponsor applications for work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Kosovo is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service based on local Kosovo employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning; can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions; can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes; can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.