View Vacancy - Kitchen Sous-Chef
- Prepare and cook all types of food in differing quantities, including pastry.
- Assist the Executive Chef as needed.
- Prepare soups, sauces, stocks, etc. from scratch.
- Follow recipes, and accommodate dietary restrictions as necessary.
- Lead the kitchen in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Must have full knowledge of food safety and sanitary procedures.
Normal hours would be Monday to Friday, 8.00 to 20.00 with 4 hours break the afternoon. This position requires irregular working hours such as early morning, weekends, shifts, and holidays. Therefore the successful candidate must have flexible scheduling availability!
- At least 5 years of previous culinary experience is required (European culinary exposure is desirable).
- Culinary Degree is preferred.
- Proven dedication and adaptability to the culinary profession.
Under US State Department requirements, the Embassy Network may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Green Card holders or A or NATO visa holders with EAD cards*. If you hold a visa other than an A or NATO visa you are not currently eligible to work at the Embassy. Please refer to our website for information on exceptions to this policy at www.gov.uk/government/world/usa. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
*A visas or NATO visas with EAD cards are acceptable at the Embassy, Consulates, and British Defence Staff (BDS) outposts. The UK Mission to the UN (UKMIS) accepts G visas.
- Some pastry/ bakery/chocolate knowledge preferred
Once on board, we will support a large variety of different classes/courses, training in outside establishments, and interaction with other chefs.
This position would be a live in or live out position. An apartment would be available for the chosen candidate.
The British Embassy Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes medical, dental, vision, life, long term and short term disability insurance, a 401(k) retirement savings plan, generous vacation and leave time, and an enriching training package.
Individuals who are Green Card holders, UK/US dual citizens, and non US taxpaying citizens will be paid a net salary based on a simulated US tax status.
Resume and a cover letter with salary history should be submitted by 05 March 2017. Internal candidates must inform the Head of Group before applying.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation or other category protected by law.