View Vacancy - Business Development Manager (Defence and Security Exports – DIT)
Main purpose of job:
Develop business opportunities for UK companies in the Defence and Security sectors in Brazil and work together with the DSE sector Manager (C4L) to develop a Latin America and Caribbean strategy for those sectors.
Roles and responsibilities:
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is the UK’s international economic department in charge of supporting British companies to export overseas. In Brazil, DIT operates within the British Embassy in Brasília, and Consulates in São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Belo Horizonte and Recife, primarily through a number of sector specific export promotion campaigns. Within DIT, DSO is the team charged with supporting British companies from the Defence and Security Exports (DSE) sectors to export to Brazil.
The successful candidate will:
· Work in an integrated manner with the DIT’s Infrastructure, Financial Services and Aerospace teams, as well as UK diplomatic and Ministry of Defence colleagues, to deliver on the DSE’s goals in compliance with the UK`s Security Export Strategy.
· Deliver on the objectives established by the UK`s Cyber Security Export Strategy and Defence Export Strategy.
· Support the DSE and wider DIT in delivering Foreign Direct Investment targets and Market Access objectives.
· Meet a range of DIT targets including for the number of companies assisted and export wins.
· Develop strategic relationships with local and UK contacts and stakeholders.
· Raise awareness in the UK of trade opportunities in the Defence and Security sectors in Brazil.
· Assist UK companies in their efforts to enter the market.
· Contribute to wider Brazil and DIT corporate issues.
· Line manage the DSE Commercial Analyst.
· Support the DSO sector Manager (C4L) in developing a Latin America and Caribbean strategy for those sectors
Essential on arrival: Strong knowledge and broad network at the Defence and/or Security sectors
Desirable: Knowledge of the Spanish language
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary, eg some non-local national staff and some spouses or partners of UK diplomatic staff, will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
This opportunity is closed to applications.