View Vacancy - Personal Assistant to the Consul General
The British Consulate General in Jeddah has a vacancy for a Personal Assistant to the Consul General, Grade A2 (L) position.
As the Personal Assistant, you will provide a full range of secretarial and administrative support to the Consul General and also assist the wider work of the Consulate.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Organise and maintain HMCG’s diary, including setting up meetings, appointments and travel. Production and distribution of daily and forward programmes (including transport).
- Dealing with telephone enquiries, mail, invitations, letters and requests, including occasional out-of hours calls.
- Liaising with Government Organisations and the Private Offices of the prominent Jeddah business community to promote a good relationship and ensure desired access.
- Organisation of HMCG’s (and the wider Consulate’s) representational entertainment, including dinners, events and receptions.
- Providing wider support to Consulate colleagues, as appropriate.
- Collaborating and Partnering- Willingness to help the wider team and share information and develop productive working relationship both internally and externally
- Delivering at Pace- Effectiveness in this area means focussing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Make Effective Decisions- Demonstrate accountability and make unbiased decisions. Examine complex information and obtain further information to make accurate decisions.
- Seeing the Big Picture - Develop understanding of how own and team’s work supports achievement of Departmental priorities and delivery to the customer.
- Managing a Quality Service- Plan, organise and manage time and activities to deliver a high quality and efficient service. Take into account diverse customer needs.
- Demonstrating Resilience- It is about helping our people to build resilience in international roles, supporting their ability to adapt to working in difficult and varied international environments; and to bounce back from crises and setbacks in these contexts.
- Previous experience as PA or experience in event management;
- Excellent English language skills, written and spoken;
- Ability to prioritise own workload and meet deadlines, without compromising the quality of the work;
- Excellent planning and organisation skills;
- Ability to work closely with senior staff and their contacts;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools particularly Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Arabic languages skills would be beneficial.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The starting salary will be SAR 8,395.83 per month inclusive of the Eid Bonus and the 25% housing allowance. An additional travel allowance of SAR 400 per month will also be payable. Free access to on site swimming pool, gymnasium and tennis court.
Normal working hours for the Embassy are 08.00 to 15.00 Sunday to Thursday. This position is full-time, based on 35 hours per week.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90 day probationary period.
The position is only available to holders of Saudi residence permits or transferable Iqamas, and the successful candidate will be required to transfer their sponsorship to us. This position is only available to those persons to whom a security clearance can be granted (UK, US, Australian, Canadian or New Zealand nationals).
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online:
1. A covering letter.
2. An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
** (Your application must include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
The closing date for applications is 24 January 2017.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Potential candidates will be invited to take a short assessment; those who pass the assessment will be invited for an interview.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted for assessment will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances, medical clearance and reference checks.
The British Consulate General in Jeddah is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Consulate is subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Saudi Arabian employment law.