View Vacancy - VNM (HCMC) - Corporate Services Assistant, AA
Main purpose of job:
The position will work closely with the Corporate Services Officer in British Consulate General Ho Chi Minh City (CSO HCMC) to support smooth day-to-day corporate services operation in British Consulate General HCMC (BCG HCMC) in areas of health and safety and staff welfare, human resource, protocol, and other associated administrative tasks. Additionally, the role will provide flexible wide range of administrative, logistical support to Corporate Services Section and other support required by the Embassy.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
Health and Safety and Staff Welfare Support 25%
- Assist CSO HCMC in health and safety assessments in BCG HCMC (ie fire safety, fire wardens, DSE, manual handling, etc.)
- Assist CSO HCMC in arrangement of first aid trainings and fire awareness trainings in HCMC.
- Update health and safety statement and training matrix for BCG HCMC
- Update staff welfare information in corkboards.
- Collaborate with Corporate Services team in Hanoi to deliver staff vaccination/health check-up schemes for BCG HCMC staff.
Human Resource Support 20%
- Support the Corporate Services Assistant Hanoi to print off HCMC local staff employment contracts and get them signed in due course.
- Collaborate with Corporate Services Assistant Hanoi to register and update labour resources with Fosco with required documents and information.
- Collaborate with Corporate Services Assistant Hanoi to support in logistical arrangements of the recruitment process for BCG HCMC.
- Assist in logistical arrangements for in-house events i.e. all staff meetings, monthly celebration on staff’s birthdays, arrivals and departures.
Protocol Support 12%
- Arrange notes verbales and visa applications for BCG HCMC’s official visitors, UK-based and non-Vietnamese country-based officers.
- Arrange airport passes for BCG officers and visitors when required.
Other Corporate Services Support 43%
- Collaborate with Corporate Services Assistant Hanoi to arrange groceries at home for new UK-based officers.
- Arrange notes verbales and VAT claims to submit to External Relations Office in HCMC.
- Support in paperwork to clear official goods sent by post, courier.
- Support in sending diplomatic bags to the UK.
- Provide support for Corporate Services team in procurement process including GPC/CCC payments, requisitions, receipting and uploading invoices, setting up suppliers;
- Back-up cashier when required.
- Participate and contribution to Green Team’s activities.
- Assist other admin/logistical work when required.
- Good command of Word, Excel.
Language: English, and Vietnamese
Level of language required: Good command in spoken and written English/Vietnamese
This position is being advertised as a 12 months fixed term position in Ho Chi Minh.
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office is committed to developing its staff, working hard to provide a comprehensive L&D offer. Staff have access to a wide variety of online resources through the Diplomatic Academy and Civil Service Learning. Staff are strongly encouraged to take advantage of all the available opportunities.
The job-holder will be required to take some specific training courses related to their role. All new staff undertake a workplace induction and there are a number of mandatory e-learning courses covering areas such as diversity, health and safety, and information management.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks. Staff who are locally recruited by the British Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. Visa sponsorship may be possible for non-Vietnamese nationals if meet local requirements.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Disabled and ethnic minority applicants will be invited to interviews if meeting the minimum requirement of the job.
This role will require office based work at the Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City with little scope for remote or flexible working.
All applications must be received before 23:55 (Local Vietnam Time) on the day of the deadline indicated above.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. Only shortlisted candidates for interview will be contacted. Interviewees will be assessed on the core competencies listed above. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified via the system in due time.
Indicated start date is provisional and subject to successful completion of reference and security checks.
To those applicants not short-listed, we extend our appreciation for considering the British Government as a potential employer.
Please check the application centre regularly for any update on your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.