View Vacancy - Senior Market Adviser - DIT (NOR19.548)
The British Embassy in Oslo is recruiting a full-time Senior Market Adviser for Inward Investment to lead on taking Norwegian tech and creative companies to the UK for further growth.
Britain is a top destination for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the World. Norwegian companies feature prominently amongst key investors in the UK. Part of the Embassy’s mission is to grow inward investment (FDI) from Norway, and we are looking for a new team member to deliver on this priority for the Department for International Trade (DIT). This is a great opportunity to work in an exciting and challenging environment on a high-profile agenda within the Department and the Embassy as a whole. We are looking for a dedicated, courageous and forward leaning person who wants to be part of our team in one of the most exciting moments in modern times.
The role is to promote the opportunities which the UK offers to a range of Norwegian companies, and strategically support the companies in their plans to establish themselves or expand in the UK. It will entail building and maintaining relationships with existing and new Norwegian investors in Britain, and working closely with British Government departments on key account management. It will require collaborative working with colleagues in the Embassy, Department for International Trade, as well as across our European network. The job is part of a team effort, but will be independent, offer great autonomy and will allow the right candidate to shape much of her or his work. The position is Oslo-based, but there will be some travel required.
The successful candidate will particularly, but not exclusively, focus on the following sectors; Financial and Professional Services (particularly FinTech), Life Sciences; Retail; Advanced Manufacturing; Aviation and Travel.
The jobholder will be expected, to maintain and develop a pipeline of FDI projects by researching the Norwegian market and engaging with industry. Furthermore, the person will regularly liaise with the London DIT HQ, sector organisations, our partners and sector specialists.
The job holder will be a confident self-starter, a team player with excellent communication skills, and the ability to network with a wide range of contacts at senior levels in Government and the private sector. In addition, she/he will be expected to provide high quality analysis and advice on sector-specific developments.
In more detail, main responsibilities will include:
- Proactively identify leads of direct investors; encouraging Norwegian companies to set up a UK entity, or increase their UK footprint. Communicate the UK offer. Shape, plan and execute, events, initiatives and company visits that will generate leads to build a pipeline of projects, manage the resources needed efficiently, provide continuous support and report the outcome of the delivery;
- Contribute to the development of strategic account plans for key Norwegian companies and partake as a member of virtual account teams;
- Advising UK and Norwegian stakeholders on FDI opportunities and challenges through marketing, networking, and business development initiatives;
- Engaging in wider DIT and Embassy activities where supporting UK’s FDI interests. Support with information and statistics to briefing documents for DIT or the Embassy. Capture, record and maintain information from interactions, services offered and wins on our CRM systems or other platforms.
- A degree in business, economics, management, finance or other relevant fields;
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in business development or consulting services in the private or public sector would be preferred;
- Fluency in Norwegian and English (both oral and written);
- Competent in Microsoft Office;
- Strong networking writing skills;
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines;
- Understanding local market dynamics and see where the UK offers a potential;
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Work experience from a similar field or within international business development.
This is a full-time permanent position. The working hours are 35 net per week.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance.
Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy Oslo are subject to terms and conditions of service in accordance with Norwegian employment law.
All applicants must have the right to live and work in Norway. The Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
The Embassy offers a wide-range of learning and development opportunities, both in the Post, in London and more widely across Europe. The Foreign & Commonwealth Office also has extensive e-learning opportunities. All staff are encouraged to focus on their personal development, and 5 days a year are dedicated to learning and development for each staff member.
Visa / Passport requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Norway and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Additional requirements may become necessary pending EU Exit. If requirements change additional eligibility information will be shared during the recruitment process.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.