View Vacancy - BK - L & D Adviser (Business Partner) for APAC, C4 (L) - (also open in Malaysia, Hong Kong and Philippines)
The Diplomatic Academy Regional Teams (DARTs) provide innovative and creative learning solutions to meet the needs of the UK Government overseas. We partner with British Missions (Posts) to ensure learning is based on performance outcomes and aligned to UK Government priorities. We work to ensure that learning activities are designed to best-practice L&D standards, based on solid research and contribute to building a positive learning culture within the workplace.
We work at a fast pace with a high degree of autonomy. We need to be flexible and adept at dealing with change and ambiguity. We need to be skilful at working across cultures and resourceful to ensure we always deliver, even when we meet the unexpected.
This role requires an experienced L&D professional with strong consultancy skills to partner with overseas Posts and help develop, deliver and evaluate learning strategies that support performance outcomes and the development of learning cultures.
The successful applicant should expect to work in an agile way to support DA activity in other areas including learning partnership, to support existing and emerging priorities.
Roles and responsibilities:
Partner with Overseas Posts – 70% of time
- Partner with senior stakeholders at Posts to identify specific performance improvement outcomes over a 6-12 month period
- Help Posts plan the learning strategy and solutions to meet those outcomes, drawing on all relevant resources, internal and external
- Provide a consultancy service to advise on developing a learning culture, empowering and supporting Posts to devise their own learning solutions, signposting other L&D opportunities, share best practice and proactively encourage engagement with Diplomatic Academy content
- Evaluate the impact of L&D solutions on performance outcomes and maintain management information and data
Partner with Learning Partners and global Diplomatic Academy team – 15% of time
- Work with our Learning Partners to help ensure the right learning solutions are developed to meet the needs of the stakeholders and are thoroughly evaluated
- Work with other Business Partners to ensure a consistent approach to business partnering across the network, best-practice is shared, and there is a culture of continuous improvement in our service
- Work with the UK Diplomatic Academy team and other stakeholders as required
Learning Facilitator – 15% of time
- Facilitate learning sessions both virtually and face to face
- Community and group moderation to lead groups in virtual environments
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Minimum 5 years in a L&D and/or OD environment either public or private sector
- Ability to diagnose, identify and prioritise gaps, to strategise and set performance outcomes, to deliver and evaluate learning strategies/plans which improve or change learning culture
- Able to communicate and facilitate both virtual and live (face to face) groups effectively
- Excellent consultative and partnering skills
- Content management and curation ability
- Capability in community and group moderation to lead groups in virtual environments
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
- Able to travel as and when required
- A passion and enthusiasm for developing people
- A second frequently spoken Asian language
- Coaching and mentoring skills, formal qualification in L&D or related subject
The British Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary (to be abated for those not liable to tax), benefits, a leave entitlement, Health Insurance and full training. The British Embassy Bangkok encourages all staff to develop their capabilities, through both formal training (courses) and informal (job-shadowing, coaching, on-the-job training etc). The majority of our formal L&D opportunities are drawn from FCO resources. All staff are encouraged to share their skills and experience with colleagues, through informal training (‘lunch & learn’) or coaching/mentoring. All staff are eligible for 5 L&D days a year.
In late 2019 the Embassy will move from the current premises on Wireless Rd to new accommodation in the Sathorn area.
Embassy Vision and Values:
VISION: What do we want to build?
A better, safer, more prosperous world for Britons and Thais alike.
MISSION: How will we achieve this?
By championing UK values and delivering tangible benefits to individuals, businesses and society: through quality service, effective partnerships and local expertise.
VALUES: that underpin our work:
- Courage: In our approach to our work: supporting innovation, creativity and taking calculated risks in solving problems; encouraging challenge and welcoming diverse perspectives; honesty in acknowledging and learning from mistakes.
- Ambition: In the challenge we set ourselves: Striving to be excellent in the quality of service we deliver; inspiring our teams, colleagues, customers and stakeholders; passionate about our purpose.
- Generosity: Of spirit: kindness in our daily actions and conversations; openness to differing cultures, ideas and opinions; understanding of differing styles and honest mistakes to build a culture of support.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks. Staff who are locally recruited by the British Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have or be able to obtain work authorisation in Thailand in order to apply. Any costs related to obtaining or renewing permits and visas are the responsibility of the successful applicant.
Please note that your application must be submitted before 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible. Start date indicated above is subject to change.
Reminder for existing Embassy staff who will be interested to apply:
Along with the completed online application form, candidates should upload their last two years End of Year Appraisals if applicable. If applicants have been employed for less than twelve months, they will need to provide permission from their Head of Section to apply and should attach this to their application.
Guidance on completing competency based application forms and sitting Interviews can be found on the BE Website and also on the Civil Service Learning portal, Virtual Ashridge portal and Goodpractice.net (both accessed through the CSL). Staff are strongly advised to refer to these.
We recommend all applicants to understand the Civil Service competences before applying for any role and in preparation for interviews. For more information, you can visit our website - https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-bangkok/about/recruitment.
Please check your application centre regularly for any update on your application
This opportunity is closed to applications.