View Vacancy - Technical Works Group Leader A2 (13/19 KG)
Main purpose of job:
To lead all Technical Team and control their Works and ensure all the work done at the office and DFID&FCO properties comply with FCO standard.
Roles and responsibilities
The TWGL will be supervised by the Estate Manager B3 (L)
The main duties will include:
- Supervise contractors and ensure that their works are up to UK standards, work are delivered according to maintainability and Compatibility according to Health and Safety standards
- To coach and mentor other technical staff (electrician, plumber and general technicians) and ensure they carry out work as Corporate Services Level Agreement
- To liaise with the Estates Manager, and store manager on material required for technical works.
- Drafting the specifications of required materials and techniques and methods to be used by technicians and contractors in technical works.
- To monitor Technical works KPIs and ensure feedback from Customer is collected after each work has been completed and worked on
- Communicate to customers on progress of works being done in their properties
- Filling Estates related documents (Inspection reports, H&S documents, etc)
- Work closely with the Estate Manager to ensure the annual preventive plan is implemented as per FCO policy and guidance
- Work closely with Estates Manager to ensure that data on Pyramid is appropriately updated
- To carry out any other tasks or instructions given by the line manager
Resources managed :
- Lead 2XS1 Technicians and 2 X S1 General Technicians
- Supervision of Technical contractors
- At least 3 years previous technical supervisory experience.
- Having an advanced experience in electrical installation or electricity/A2 in electricity
- Having a Diploma in Construction or equivalent
- Technical Craft Certificate
- Having an experience or a knowledge in general property maintenance
- A current full driving licence
- Very good spoken Kinyarwanda and English Language both verbal and written
- Basic computer literacy.
- Knowledge of electrical Installation to International Standards
- Knowledge of metal Works, masonry and carpentry works
- Knowledge of white goods reparations
Learning and development opportunities :
There is ample opportunity to develop with FCO/Civil Service courses that offer world-class training in corporate service provision. We have a generous training budget and we encourage staff to identify training to improve their performance and aid their career progression, in consultation with their line-manager. Online courses are encouraged.
From 08.00 to 17.00 Monday to Thursday; 0800-1200 Friday; out of hours emergency response as necessary.
Any other information:
The British High Commission Kigali is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
Staff recruited locally by the British High Commission Kigali are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to Rwandan employment law.
Medical Assurance: 100% Regional cover for staff and dependents
BHC pays 8.6% of staff statutory pension
Staff are entitled to 25 leave days per year
Paternity leave: 10 days
Maternity leave: 3 months fully paid
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Kigali are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Rwanda.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
- Obtain the relevant permit
- Pay fees for the permit
- Make arrangements to relocate
- Meet the costs to relocation
- The British High Commission do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: EO=B3
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.