View Vacancy - Plumbing Technician
Main purpose of job:
To carry out plumbing and drainage related preventive and breakdown maintenance as per British standards
Installs, maintains, and repairs pipes and fixtures associated with heating, cooling, water distribution, and sanitation systems in residential and commercial structures of the compound as per FCO standards.
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of drainage system of the compound.
- Preventive and on call maintenance of Gas, electric and solar water heaters.
- Scheduled maintenance and cleaning of swimming pool and related systems.
- Supervision of scheduled cleaning work of water tanks and daily update of available water storage to Line Manager.
- Provide technical assistance to contractors to ensure British Standards and H&S compliance guidance are being followed for any plumbing/gas relating work.
- To complete all related documents, work orders and forms in line with compliance by using MS Office.
- To seek value for money for all projects without compromising required standards. Stand in for support of Mechanical technician and AC technician whenever needed.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
Language: English and Urdu
Level of language required: Good
Essential on arrival:
- Matriculation or Diploma in related field.
- Fully competent in Microsoft Word & Excel, Microsoft Outlook
- Minimum 5 years’ experience Plumbing and drainage work.
IOSH or equivalent.
Health & Safety compliance within the workplace and office
Delivering FM maintenance throughout the workplace.
For BHC candidates, the Local BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
For other than BHC candidates, Basic Salary will be PKR 62,023.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work forces are women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
Working Patterns :
48 hours a week.
Please note applications without (a), (b) will not be considered.
A. Complete the Online Application Form
B. Complete the Motivation Segment and competency based questions in the Online Application Form.
Internal candidates applying for this position need to upload their appraisal forms for the previous 2 years (if applicable). They should also inform their current line managers, and check for the eligibility clause if on probation, else the applications will not be considered.
We will accept only online applications by “18 October 2019” midnight.
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the complete online application form including the employment and educational details, motivational segment and the competency based questions. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.