View Vacancy - Driver (03/19 ANT)- AU
Main purpose of job:
Provide driving services and perform a variety of administrative related tasks as a member of the Corporate Services Team.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Drive Embassy vehicles and transport clients in a safe and timely manner
- Maintenance of vehicles by performing daily checks
- Keep vehicles clean and serviceable
- Safeguard the vehicles and any associated documents and equipment at all times
- Keep accurate records of all journeys
- Prepare relevant paperwork (journey record sheets, fuel and maintenance records) and present for approval / checks as necessary
- Perform miscellaneous tasks including small purchases, utility payments and maintenance tasks on request
- Deliveries and assist with customs clearance
- Maintain the garage and equipment to the highest standard
Other duties as assigned
- Driving licence (B category)
- Professional driving experience
- Excellent knowledge of local area
- Basic IT skills
- Good level of personal initiative and the ability to manage own time and workload efficiently
- Be available to work weekends and evenings as required
- Previous work experience in an international organisation
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Embassy will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the Embassy in Antananarivo are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Madagascar.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
Obtain the relevant permit
Pay fees for the permit
Make arrangements to relocate
Meet the costs to relocation
- The British Embassy do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.
- Any other post specifics – like information on the application form that is not include on the system.
This opportunity is closed to applications.