View Vacancy - Digital and Brand Manager (ITA19.222)
The British Embassy in Rome is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for a Digital and Brand Manager to lead on the digital strategy and the marketing/branding of events and campaigns in support of the Country Business Plan.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Digital: to lead on the digital strategy for the Embassy while producing high quality and engaging online content and innovative solutions for UK in Italy social media channels. To update and manage Embassy/HMA social media accounts. Lead on digital projects and contribute to the digitalization of events and events management. To lead on the social media monitoring for topics and conversations that are relevant for the UK in Italy. To share best practices and train colleagues around the Italy Network on the best use of digital and branding for their respective objectives.
- Brand & marketing: as Embassy brand manager, to ensure a firm control over the use of the British Embassy Rome logo and to lead on GREAT campaign digital assets completion. Lead in the development of branded marketing products for the highest visual impact of the Embassy’s projects/initiatives.
- Outreach: to contribute to the delivery and effectiveness of campaigns in support of UK govt objectives, and strengthening UK-Italy ties, with a particular focus on major events such as Queen’s Birthday Parties (QBP) and Pontignano Conference. To lead on different activities organized by the Embassy, supporting the team on major GREAT Friends campaigns and VIP visits as necessary.
- Media: to prepare draft media briefs, interviews, articles, press releases. Occasional contact handling with journalists. On occasion to contribute to the daily press review and media monitoring activities of the Embassy.
- Corporate/crisis: To hold a corporate and/or crisis objective. To hold a role within the crisis team and/or contribute to the wider FCO corporate agenda through Network Groups and Committees or another activity.
- Successful track record of social media management and campaigns;
- Experience and proven skills in video and photo editing;
- Experience of successful marketing/branding for high impact events and campaigns;
- At least two years of experience in visits and events management, including in multilingual environments;
- Experience of managing diverse and senior relationships;
- Degree level equivalent in a relevant field (e.g. communications, international relations, political sciences);
- Knowledge of the UK political environment and of the Italian political, cultural and media landscape;
- Cross-team working experience;
- Work experience in media and comms teams in international environments;
- Good written and spoken English and Italian, equivalent to C1 or above of the Common European Framework;
- Working experience with government organisations;
- Budget management experience;
- Knowledge or experience of working with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office or other government departments;
This is a full-time fixed-term position with a 12 month contract that can be extended for additional 12 months. The monthly gross salary is €2,929.00 .The salary is paid monthly 14 times per year including € 10.33 EDR paid 13 times per year, with double salary payments in June and December. If working less than a full calendar year, the additional salary payments will be pro-rata.
Working hours are 35 hrs per week Monday to Friday usually from 09.00-17.00. Some degree of flexibility is expected. The appointment is subject to security clearance and the successful completion of a 4 month probationary period.
All staff employed by the British Embassy are subject to Italian income tax rate deductions (IRPEF). However the administration of these tax payments will vary depending on nationality.
The successful candidate will be enrolled in the Italian State Social Security Scheme. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Rome are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local Italian employment law.
Visa/passport requirements: must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Italy and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.