View Vacancy - Furnishings Team Leader A1 (29/21 NR) Maternity Cover
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Setting out the work schedule for the Furnishings team on a weekly basis; making adjustments based on incoming Kenquiry (internal requests system) on a day-to-day basis
- Ensuring the furnishings stores (Furniture, White Goods, Linens, Stationery) are clean and organised at all times
- Ensuring the stock records for all furnishings stores are kept up to date
- Liaising with the Estates Officer (A2L) to ensure that all Inventory allocations and movements are updated on Pyramid and inventories kept up to date.
- Delivering of furniture and stationary around the BHC office, including setting up of meeting rooms as per Kenquiry details.
- Delivering, moving, arranging and cleaning of furniture for official residential properties. Ensuring that care is taken while moving furniture and white goods. At all times ensuring that items leaving the store are barcoded and included in the delivery/removal notes
- Ensure deep cleaning and furnishing of properties as per Foreign and Commonwealth Office guidance taking care of all H&S guidance.
- Preparation, delivery and collection of domestic float for both office and residences
- Working as part of a team in preparing properties for occupation
- Line Managing 5 S3 Furnishing Assistants ensuring that the meet their performance objectives and learning/Development goals.
- Reporting to the Deputy/Estates Manager, any issues or items damaged missing from properties.
- Update Kenquiry when works are in progress and completed
- Assisting other teams in the Mission with any heavy lifting, moves on an as need basis
- Deputising for the Estates Admin Officer during periods of absence
Line Manage a team of 5 Furnishing Assistants.
- High School Certificate/Diploma with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience or Bachelor degree with a minimum of 1 years of relevant experience.
- Good team player skills
- Attention to detail and initiative, as well as good customer service skills
- Proficient written and spoken English
- Heavy lifting capability (up to 45Kg)
- Valid B C E Class Kenya Driving Licence with clean driving record
- Previous Supervisor/Team Leader experience
- Prior experience working in a warehouse
Members of staff are entitled to paid annual leave, which is earned, from the day they commence employment. Entitlements are as follows:
Grades A1 25 days
In addition to annual leave, the BHC normally observes no fewer than 9 and no more than 14 Kenyan and British public and religious holidays in a year. These vary from year to year and are at the discretion of the High Commissioner. A list of holidays is published each year.
- Due to COVID 19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimize any disruption.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Nairobi are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Kenya.
- It is essential that the applicants already have the right to live and work in Kenya without the need to apply for a work permit
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: Job grade AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application
This opportunity is closed to applications.