View Vacancy - Receptionist
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Corporate Services Support
Main purpose of job:
Provide support to the Corporate Services section by attending people who come to the Embassy.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Act as point of contact for all communications, logistical and administrative matters - providing reception services to walk-in visitors and via telephone/email enquiries and respond to queries and/or refer to the appropriate contact in the Embassy.
- Support the Corporate Services Team in administrative matters, estates, and day-to-day tasks.
- Coordinate the sending and receiving of Diplomatic Bags.
- Manage the Embassy switchboard.
- As the Fire Safety Manager, to be the focal point for all fire safety matters.
- Maintain records such as telephone directories, diplomatic/consular lists, and emergency contact numbers.
- Support the Communications Officer in generating content and platform management for social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter) and by following up interviews, press conferences, and other events.
- Provide support to other colleagues as necessary, ensuring key tasks are completed on time and in accordance with Embassy guidance.
- Customer Service.
- Strong general IT skills.
- Digital content creation.
Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service
21 June 2017
Latin America and Spanish speaking Caribbean
British Embassy Office
10 July 2017
This opportunity is closed to applications.