View Vacancy - Economic Analyst
Main purpose of job:
Providing basic economic analysis and provide reporting, administrative and office management support to the Economic and Trade Policy team. The Economic and Trade Policy team is at the heart of economic and financial diplomacy with the Government of India; and part of the UK Trade, Economics and Prosperity department. The team leads on policy issues of bilateral relevance across the areas of economics, trade policy, ease of doing business, skills, health, intellectual property, and urban. The jobholder will be central to managing the day to day affairs of the team; and will be expected to contribute strongly to the economic reporting that the team delivers. The role will require strong stakeholder management, as well as sound grasp of the Indian economy.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assist in economic reporting and provide research assistance on the Indian economy. To write the flagship Monthly economic report, short targeted reports and address queries as required. This will be part of the reporting that will go to an audience of senior stakeholders in the UK government, on topics of bilateral interests between UK and India.
- Work towards efficient handling of official and ministerial visits led by the economic section. Also, lead on events like economic section reception and other events hosted by team. This will need the jobholder to engage with senior stakeholders, both in the government, and externally.
- Provide support on routine administrative work like arranging meetings and transport, managing contacts and keeping a tab on the section’s budget. Ensure appropriate Budgeting and reporting for Team Financials.
- Identify and work on cross cutting activities in the British High Commission that are relevant to the Economic and Trade Policy team, and that involve and inform the wider network.
- Deliver and maintain a communication strategy for the Economics and Trade Policy team including an up-to-date Sharepoint site and other e-communications.
- An advanced Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a reputed university, with at least 1-2 years of experience.
- Prior exposure in Economics is necessary.
Finance / budget skills, Experience of working on projects.
For British High Commission (BHC) candidates, the Local Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply. For other than British High Commission candidates, Salary will be Rs. 34684 per month together with a 12% provident fund and 6% Special Allowance.
Additionally the BHC offers a great benefits package that includes annual domiciliary medical cover, plus a Group Hospitalisation Scheme with Rs 500,000 floater cover for your immediate family.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work force is women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment. This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
- Completed the Online Job Application Form
- Attach a detailed CV
- Appraisal form of last two years ( Internal candidates)
Please Note :
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.