View Vacancy - Regional Consular Network Officer (NLD246)
The British Embassy in The Hague is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is looking for a Regional Consular Network Officer to support the network of consular teams in over 60 Posts across Europe and Asia network, in particular the two Consular Regional Directors (based in The Hague and Madrid) and the Consular Regional Operational Managers across the region.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Plan, coordinate and support network events including training seminars, regional conferences, ad-hoc events and Board of Management meetings;
- Research suitable venues, select catering, manage invitations and lists of attendees, create and disseminate city direction guides for participants and speakers, select value-for-money group hotel rates.
- Make travel arrangements for Consular Regional Director (CRD) and six Consular Regional Operation Managers (CROMs);
- Research cost-effective travel options and itineries, update travel information spreadsheets, update CRD Outlook calendars with information and reflect travel details on SharePoint calendar;
- Update and maintain telephone lists, contact details spreadsheets, profile travel budget for CRD.
Coordination of consular website & Sharepoint updates (for EuroAsia and Europe South):
- Propose improvements to standard consular web content on www.gov.uk and language used with CROMs and query policy gaps when necessary with London departments;
- Regularly consult consular guidance sources so that any online updates are correct & vice-versa;
- Help Posts to edit & improve their own web presence when necessary and support broader consular IT projects;
- Lead for a combined EuroAsia newsletter/identity.
Network Project Delivery & Regional Support:
- Work on development/delivery of Learning and Development initiatives across the network when needed (e.g. Remote/virtual learning, Casebook and IT training);
- Help co-ordinate various champion groups (e.g. Emergency Travel Document/Mental Health, etc);
- Liaise with the Malaga first contact centre, CRD & CROM collation requests including reviews on Casebook and CPP.
- Prioritisation and organisational skills (including attention to detail);
- Good IT skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to work with team members based in other locations using a variety of communication tools;
- Self-sufficient when working on your own whilst other team members are travelling;
- Ability to travel to the UK and the region to complete some of the core Consular Training steps;
- Background in Customer Care or wider Government work would be useful;
- Experience of working with teams, broad interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure will be an advantage.
The successful candidate will initially be offered an one-year temporary contract at A2 level. The base salary for this position is € €2,394.64 gross per month, based on a working week of 36 hours. In addition, an 8% annual holiday allowance and a monthly travel allowance are payable. The Embassy currently applies a performance based bonus pay model for local staff.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in The Netherlands. Please note that The Embassy is not a tax witholding employer. Consequently staff members are responsible for paying their own income tax and social security on the gross salary received.
The successful candidate will undergo a professional background check; Any job offer is also provisional to a successful security clearance check.
The Embassy encourages a culture of continuous learning. All employees have access to the Civil Service Learning platform which gives access to training to improve job specific skills. Employees are entitled to a minimum number of annual training days.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.