View Vacancy - Economic Development Internship
Main purpose of job:
The Economic Development Section is a busy and friendly team leading the British Embassy’s work to support economic growth in Peru while simultaneously creating opportunities for UK companies to engage here. We are currently working on issues relating to Education, Energy, Green Growth, Healthcare, Science, Innovation and Trade Policy.
Roles and responsibilities:
For the right candidate, the role can be adapted to suit their needs and interests.
- Support the wider team of six people, responding flexibly to emerging needs and priorities.
- Find information and contacts to help us deliver our objectives.
- Support the wider team in ensuring our events and conferences are successful.
- Lead the management of our trade barrier database, keeping accurate records of the tariff and non-tariff barriers affecting UK companies in Peru.
- Help us spot trends and make recommendations for areas in which we can help improve the business environment or address market access issues. This could be on anything from reducing bureaucracy, to improving regulation or increasing transparency.
- If you are the successful candidate you will be given the opportunity to pursue areas of interest that also help meet embassy objectives. This could involve identifying and analysing economic development challenges that the UK is well placed to help with, and making recommendations to do so.
As an intern and current student you will bring to the team a different voice and perspective: which is valuable to us and we expect you to be confident in expressing and justifying your thoughts. You will also be uniquely placed to influence our external communication work, ensuing what we are saying and how we are saying it resonates with young people in Peru.
The responsibilities of the team are broad, and you should expect to apply your existing knowledge as well as learning about new areas.
- Interest in International Affairs, Economics and Business.
- Report writing.
- Policy development.
- Stakeholder management.
- Influencing and negotiating.
- Contact building and networking.
This opportunity is closed to applications.