View Vacancy - SECURITY LIAISON OFFICER
Main purpose of job:
The SLO is responsible for pre-deployment planning and liaison between the High Commission and host nation security personnel in areas outside Islamabad to be visited on official visits. Where necessary the SLO will accompany official visits outside Islamabad to ensure appropriate security measures are provided and the SLO will assist in country wide liaison tasks as directed by the Overseas Security Manager (OSM) and the Senior Security Manager (SSM).
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve:
- Liaise with internal and external partners to ensure appropriate security arrangements are made for out of Islamabad deployments.
- Accompany staff on official visits out of Islamabad and selected locations inside Islamabad.
- Liaise and deal with Police and different intelligence agencies present at the venues / meetings.
- Ensure full compliance with BHC standing operating procedures (SOP’s) and ensure staff do not breach security policies and procedures.
- Carry out full security briefing to all staff and drivers prior to the commencement of any official visit, including threat brief, equipment brief, and actions on.
- Conduct liaison visits to different parts of Pakistan and compile briefing reports about key features in each location.
- Be prepared to make decisions to ensure the safety and security of official staff within the context of your liaison duties.
- Prepare the detailed post visit reports after each visit.
- Gather news from different local news sources on daily basis and send news to OSM, SSM, and Risk Analyst.
- Be prepared to accompany consular team to assist with consular cases.
- Carry out tasks as directed by the OSM/SSM.
- Higher Secondary School Certificate is required.
- Previous experience working for a disciplined organisation, armed services, police or at least 3 years experience operating in a liaison capacity.
- Driving Licence
- Skilled IT worker
- Good standard of oral and written, in one or more of the following; Punjabi, Sindhi,Hindko and Pashto.
For British High Commission (BHC) candidates, the Local Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply.
For other than BHC candidates, salary will be PKR 77,346 per month.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work force is women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment.
This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
Learning and development opportunities:
Learning and development opportunities are in line with FCO policy augmented by specific role related training where appropriate.
- Any candidate will have to be cleared through the Police and FCO vetting checks prior to taking up the appointment.
Please note applications without (a), (b) and (c) will not be considered.
(a) Completed the Online Job Application Form.
(b) Complete the Motivation segment in the online application form (in not more than 600 words) setting out why you are the suitable person for this role. Your statement should include clear examples of how you meet the key competences.
(c) Attach a detailed CV.
We will accept only online applications by “21st June 2017” midnight.
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This post is suitable for flexible working in a way that Incumbents travels frequently to out stations; in that she will have to work outside the normal working hours and stay overnights which benefits from a shift disturbance allowance.
This opportunity is closed to applications.