View Vacancy - Gardener, PTA (2017)(ON HOLD)
Responsible for the general maintenance of the grounds, and gardens at the British High Commission and the Oakthorn residential compound
Roles and responsibilities:
- Carry out numerous gardening duties, requiring a minimum amount of supervision
- Digging, planting and weeding flower beds and borders
- Pruning shrubs
- The use and maintenance of hand tools and basic light machinery
- The use of mowers, trimmers and leaf blowers
- To keep the tool shed clean and tidy
- To assist with the erection and dismantling of tables/chairs for official functions
- To assist the maintenance team during annual leave periods
- Any adhoc duties as requested by the Estates Team or Corporate Service Manager
Health & Safety
- Understand and ensure the implementation of the British High Commissions Health & Safety policy and emergency fire procedures
- Report any faulty appliances, damaged equipment or any potential hazards to the line manager
- Promote safe working practices within the High Commission grounds and the Oakthorn residential compound
- At least 2 years experience in gardening.
- Good spoken English
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Ability to use your own initiative
The British High Commission pays in full for the Key Care Plus option on Discovery Health for staff including spouses/partners and dependants.
Once you have successfully completed your probation the British High Commission will contribute 9 % of your monthly salary to a Provident Fund.
Annual leave entitlement of 25 days
Working hours per week of 36.5
This opportunity is closed to applications.