View Vacancy - Information Technology Support Officer, A2 (ROU243)
The British Embassy in Bucharest is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is looking to recruit a IT Support Officer (ITSO) to be responsible for the day to day running of its IT system and first point of contact for around 50 IT users. The successful candidate will also be responsible for IT budget planning and play an important role in implementing Crisis and Business Continuity Plans.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure maximum availability of the IT system by closely monitoring performance and liaising with other ITSOs, Regional Support Centre and London Helpdesk. Maintain and support the Embassy network desktop, laptop and IT infrastructure;
- First Embassy point of contact for users IT queries;
- Provide IT support for Embassy events;
- Maintain an accurate IT inventory and record of service desk work;
- Manage user accounts using Microsoft Management Console / Active Directory;
- Ensure IT system security including, investigation of breaches and compliance with IT Security Procedures;
- Ensure IT aspects of Business Continuity Plan are kept up to date and tested;
- Manage and monitor the budget of officially supplied devices. Identify and manage local IT contractors;
- Review, procure, build, install and manage hardware;
- Administer and maintain standalone machines including Residence network;
- Administer and maintain dirty LAN, ISP, SLA Hardware and infrastructure;
- Administer Embassy fixed line and mobile telephones;
- Provide back-up on estates and security work.
2. General Administration
- Support on Estate work – inventory and database management;
- Information Management Officer duties.
- Broad knowledge of IT Systems Administration and experience of work in a similar environment. IT Windows Clients, MS Office, Sharepoint and hands on Networking and troubleshooting experience essential. Linux is considered an advantage;
- Willingness and ability to review, develop, and improve existing systems;
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English and Romanian;
- Ability to work with a broad range of customers. Good communication skills includuing ability to explain technical information in a easy way to understand language;
- Highly motivated, flexible and customer-oriented individual;
- Proactive, using own initiative to reach innovative solutions and respond to changing priorities;
- Availability to work additional hours if required;
- Ability to review, develop and improve existing systems / procedures.
A formal IT qualification is desirable, but not essential.
Terms and Conditions
This is a full-time position of 5 days (35 hours net per week) for a 2 years contract which may be extended by a mutual agreement. Working hours are flexible and staff are entitled to time-off-in-lieu for agreed extra hours worked.
The annual leave entitlement is 21 days per year pro rata and the Embassy also enjoys a maximum of 14 Romanian / UK public holidays per year.
Monthly salary is 4048 RON gross. In addition, staff are entitled to a 13th month salary pro rata and may receive a performance related bonus at year end. Staff also receive meal vouchers and a monthly subscription to a medical centre.
Specific training in London and mentoring for the role will be provided for the successful candidate, which may include training in London and the region.
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance, and satisfactory completion of a probationary period of 1 month.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Romania. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
Candidates must have pre-existing work authorisation for Romania in order to apply. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to terms and conditions service according to Romanian employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs.
This opportunity is closed to applications.