View Vacancy - Technical Works Assistant
Main purpose of job:
Co-ordinate with the Corporate Services Manager (CSM) and Technical Works Officer (TWO) with respect to day-to-day maintenance and programmed/future works projects within the Estate, providing the best possible service in accordance with FCO rules, Accommodation Policy and Corporate Services Charter. To ensure correct tendering and procurement procedures, good maintenance, housekeeping, stock control/inventories and value for money for the management of the Estate. Have an active role and lead on Health & Safety issues.
Roles and responsibilities:
This is a key role in the busy Corporate Services Section supporting the Embassy Back Office. The Technical Works Assistant (TWA) will have both a managerial and administrative role in day to day operations.
The TWA works directly with the CS Team, UK based staff, landlords and Head of the Residence to plan and execute the overall management of properties and services, ensuring a high-service level response, while complying with policy, timing and budgetary restrictions.
Within the main responsibilities, the TWA will be required to:
- Identify, evaluate and suggest works in our Estate and coordinate with Estates team.
- Lead on different Estates and Maintenance work projects.
- Inspect and provide a full technical report with respect to properties.
- Advice on Health & Safety issues and make recommendations to the CSM.
- Supervise works and suppliers. Ensure Post has an efficient and professional Agreed Supplier List with the Procurement Hub in Mexico.
- Assist the Estates team in accommodation, as well as Chancery moves and inventories.
- Prepare and monthly control the budget regarding Estates expenditures.
- Register information in Pyramid, particularly in works, projects and forward maintenance plan.
- Lead on the PCA (Post Compliance Assessment) for all the Estate.
- Housekeeping of Purchase Orders.
- Be an active member of the Post Housing Committee (PHC).
- Prism user: requisitioner & receiver.
- Drive our official vehicles to visit properties.
- To perform/carry out minor works in properties.
- University Degree or Technical qualifications are required (or advanced student).
- Proving 2 years of work in similar positions.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Good command of Microsoft Office tools and Internet.
- Administrative skills.
- Driving licence.
- The ability to communicate well with customers and with other team members.
- A polite, friendly and tactful manner, when handling complaints or enquiries or solving problems.
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritizing.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Experience in managing properties or facilities management.
- Negotiation and dealing with suppliers experience.
- Oracle systems knowledge (Prism, Bravo) is a plus.
- Standard working hours are 35 per week: Monday to Thursday 09:00-17:30 with 1 hour for lunch; Fridays 09:00 – 14:00.
- The position might require to work during the weekend in the event of an emergency.
- The TWA will need to be contactable 24/7 for emergencies only and to coordinate works.
This opportunity is closed to applications.