View Vacancy - Exchange Officer and Visits Administrator
The main purpose of this job is to provide efficient and effective administrative support for the Exchange Officer programme and UK Ministry of Defence (MOD) visitors to Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating & maintaining personal files for all officers in the UK Exchange Programme and associated personnel.
- Performing administrative actions associated with incoming & outgoing personnel (including nominations, joining letters, arranging in-briefs, administration of duty free liquor cards etc).
- Initiating, monitoring and despatching Appraisal Reports.
- Receiving, holding, maintaining and despatching personal documents.
- Dealing with personnel matters for exchange officers: security clearance updates, updating job descriptions etc.
- Distributing general information to all exchange personnel, ensuring that address lists are up to date at all times.
- Maintaining the British Defence Liaison Staff website and ensuring information contained therein remains up to date.
- Processing UK MOD visit requests to Canada through the Canadian Military and Government Agencies.
- Collection, packing, distribution, delivery and associated administration for British Forces Mail.
- On an occasional/as required basis, driving duties, which may require out of hours work.
- Ensuring vehicles are clean, fuelled, maintained and in roadworthy condition.
- Maintaining vehicle log books and associated documentation.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to communicate effectively with external clients as well as staff at all levels
- Ability to handle respectfully confidential information
- Excellent customer service skills with a professional, flexible, and team-oriented attitude
- A self-starter with excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent IT skills (particularly Microsoft Office) and a willingness to learn new IT programs (such as working within databases or web-design software)
- Full Ontario Driving Licence
- Previous experience of military administration
- Experience of Dreamweaver and/or website design/maintenance
The position requires pre-existing legal status to live and work in Canada and will be subject to satisfactory reference checks, successful receipt of local and overseas security clearances and a six month probation period.
The British Government Network offers a strong benefits package. This package includes medical, dental, pension, in addition to generous vacation and leave time, and an enriching training package.
Staff recruited locally by the British High Commission are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Canadian employment law.
Resume and cover letter should be submitted by 20 June 2017. Internal candidates must address their resumes through the Head of Group before applying.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British High Commission is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation or other category protected by law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.