View Vacancy - HK- Residence Manager and Events Coordinator B3(L)
The Residence Manager will be responsible for managing to the highest standards, all aspects of running the Consul General’s official Residence and its staff. The position will require a proactive, creative and practical hands-on approach to ensure the smooth, efficient, and cost-effective operation of the Residence. The Residence Manager’s role requires excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with the Consul General, a wide range of Consulate staff, outside suppliers and guests and a flexible approach to both their work and working schedule.
Roles and responsibilites:
- To manage the Consul General’s official Residence and its staff;
- To supervise the cleanliness and tidiness of the Residence and efficiency of the laundry and kitchen, ensuring the highest standards;
- In consultation with the Consul- General to oversee the design and delivery of events at the Residence from small functions to large events;
- When required, be present at events to assist the CG and guests, and to ensure events run to plan;
- Coordinating and supervising reception arrangements, preparing menus and, in conjunction with the Social Secretary, table plans and place cards;
- Responsibility for the Residence budget and accounts;
- To lead, motivate and develop Residence staff, identifying any ongoing training needs;
- Preparation of staff rosters, coordination of staff leave and hiring of additional staff as and when required for functions;
- To ensure the furniture, furnishings, domestic equipment and all other official property and personal effects are properly safeguarded, maintained and replaced where necessary. In conjunction with Facilities Management, maintaining up to date inventories;
- To liaise with the Consul General’s Executive Assistant, Social Secretary and Section leads on weekly programme and the set up and logistical arrangements for events;
- Where possible, in conjunction with Department for International Trade to utilise and showcase UK products and ingredients, for example through menus, furniture, art displays, table decorations and toiletries;
- To maintain food and drink stock levels, undertaking regular stock takes.
Essential on arrival
- Relevant working experience in an international standard hotel, diplomatic residence, or equivalent;
- Experience in event management, housekeeping, and catering;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in managing budgets and maintaining accounts;
- Ability to work under own initiative with minimal supervision, and at times under pressure;
- Flexibility to work some evenings and weekends;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
All applications must be received on or before 23:55, 21 June 2017 (Wednesday). Previous applicants need not apply.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
The British Consulate-General in Hong Kong does not provide visa/ work sponsorship. Applicants must have an appropriate residence status in Hong Kong to be considered.
This opportunity is closed to applications.