View Vacancy - HMA Driver to the Yemen Office
The British Embassy, Riyadh has vacancy for a HMA Driver to the Yemen Office, Grade S1 (L) position. This is a fixed term contract, initially for 6 months.
The successful candidate will drive for HMA Sana’a to meetings and functions safely and on time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work directly for HMA Sana’a.
- To drive HMA Sana’a to meetings and functions safely and on time.
- Managing a Quality Service - Effectiveness in this area is about being organized to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements.
- Collaborating and Partnering - People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done.
- Delivering at Pace - Delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes.
- Leading and Communicating - Display enthusiasm around goals and activities – adopting a positive approach when interacting with others.
- High standard of driving.
- Must have a Saudi driving licence.
- Good local knowledge of Riyadh.
- Good spoken English.
- IT Knowledge.
- To be responsible for the safety of the vehicle at all times.
- Team player.
- Ability to remain flexible.
- Previous experience of driving for diplomatic mission is desirable.
- Knowledge of Western region is desirable.
- Previous driving experience.
- Sound interpersonal skills and effective oral and written ability.
- Ability to speak Arabic.
Working Hours and Remuneration:
The starting salary for this role is SAR 4,536.46 per month inclusive of 25% housing allowance and Eid Bonus. An additional travel allowance of SAR 400 per month will also be payable. This is a fixed term contract, initially for 6 months.
Normal working hours for the Embassy are 08.00 to 15.00 Sunday to Thursday. This position is full-time, based on 40 hours per week. However the successful candidates will be required to work outside normal working hours- frequent late/ early starts and be required to work on Friday and Saturday.
The position is only available to holders of Saudi residence permits or transferable Iqamas, and the successful candidate will be required to transfer their sponsorship to us.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following documents when applying online:
- A covering letter.
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
** (Your application must include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the cover letter. Applications that do not include this information will be rejected).
The closing date for all applications is 20 June 2017.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large amount of applications we receive only those shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The appointment is also subject to satisfactory local and UK security clearances.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of service according to local Saudi Arabian employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.