View Vacancy - Personal Assistant to the Director-Corporate Services
Main purpose of job:
The main purpose of this job is to provide administrative/secretarial support to the Director of Corporate Services (DCS) for India / Corporate Services Manager (CSM) New Delhi, as well as serving wider Corporate Services interests. Good organisational skills, a good eye for detail, and excellent communication skills are essential requisites for the job.
Roles and responsibilities
Maintain a high standard of efficiency and organisation in running the Director’s office, including:
- Manage the Director’s diary, calendar, calls and appointments.
- Receive and screen telephone calls to the Director’s office.
- Draft general correspondence on behalf of Director, including notes of meetings.
- Deal with general enquiries, or pass these to the appropriate Corporate Services team leader.
- Organise the Director’s travel including ticketing and accommodation; prepare the Director’s travel & meetings programmes; prepare claims.
- Organise the Director’s official entertainment, including invitations, manage RSVPs, event organisation, guest lists, catering, and equipment hire; provide on-hand support at events; arrange timely invoice payment and/or claims.
- Arrange regular Corporate Services meetings with teams and Posts; prepare agendas, record and issue minutes.
Co-ordinate and arrange the Director’s Corporate Services briefings in New Delhi and across the India network; Co-ordinate the preparation of documents for the Director (and for Corporate Services input to the India Board of Management), gathering input from departments and from the broader India network.
Provide administrative Support to Corporate Services Manager (CSM) as required. Act as Prism requisitioner for Corporate Services. Process invoices, SMFs, DS, PO etc for CS on Prism.
Maintain the Corporate Services staff list and organogram; ensure that the Corporate Services telephone tree is also kept up-to-date; Maintain the BHC internal telephone directory.
Support and assist the Director Corporate Services in co-ordinating the monthly surprise check; maintain the monthly surprise check roster and advise those on it about their duties and responsibilities in good time.
Act as backup for the India Bulletin mailbox, sending urgent Bulletins in the absence of the Press & Communications internal communications co-ordinator.
To provide administrative support to the CLO (e.g. collating information for the weekly CLO newsletter published each Friday; helping to collate information for COLA returns).
Provide general assistance on Corporate Services issues as required.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Good knowledge and application of IT and office administration.
- An ability to work on own with minimum supervision or instruction to exercise initiative and deliver results.
- Good listening, written and speaking skills.
Good knowledge of using Prism for raising requisition, receipting goods and services, processing invoices for payment.
For British High Commission (BHC) candidates, the Local Staff BHC Terms & Conditions will apply. For other than British High Commission candidates, Salary will be Rs. 34,684 per month together with a 12% provident fund and 6% Special Allowance.
Additionally the BHC offers a great benefits package that includes annual domiciliary medical cover, plus a Group Hospitalisation Scheme with Rs 500,000 floater cover for your immediate family.
The BHC is recognised as a good employer, with a robust, fair and transparent performance management & appraisal system linked to increments and staff bonuses. We have a 5-day working week, plus annual leave, public holidays, maternity leave provision, special leave, paid sick leave provision; ample development opportunities, travel opportunities, a good organisational culture, and excellent work/life balance.
Around half of our work force is women. We treat people with respect and equality and have a policy of zero tolerance for any form of discrimination, bullying, or harassment. This is a good opportunity to be part of a strong, diverse team, working in the biggest network that FCO has anywhere across the globe. We are aiming to make it the best.
- Completed the Online Job Application Form
- Attach a detailed CV
- Appraisal form of last two years ( Internal candidates)
Please Note :
- Applicants who do not have the required qualification & experience should kindly abstain from applying, as their applications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no telephone enquires will be dealt with.
- The appointment will be subject to Police Verification and other checks including references, educational and professional.
We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
This opportunity is closed to applications.