View Vacancy - Driver (07/17 YAO)
Main purpose of job:
Drive British High Commission staff and its visitors to various destinations in Cameroon and occasionally to the neighbouring counties. Run various errands for BHC Yaounde and carry out minor administrative tasks.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Drive passengers to destinations as detailed in a safe and careful manner
- Perform the daily check of the vehicle and be responsible for security of the vehicle while in use
- Maintain high standards of physical hygiene and keep the vehicle clean at all times
- Routinely check for noticeable defects and liaise with line manager for urgent repairs
- Properly record journeys on the car log book and update the vehicle maintenance logbook
- Promptly reporting all accidents and near misses to line manager
- Meet and greet visitors in a friendly and polite manner at the airport and other pickup points and to work collaboratively with all colleagues.
- Other administrative ad hoc tasks
- A good knowledge of the Cameroonian terrain is required.
- Working knowledge of emergency First Aid, Map Reading and Satellite Navigation via GPS.
- Applicants must have minimum of valid Category B driver’s licence. Category C or D will be an advantage
- Basic knowledge of car mechanics is essential and will be tested.
- Work experience of at least three years in a similar capacity. Diplomatic mission/international organisation experience will be an advantage
- Cross-border driving experience will be an added advantage.
- Completion of secondary school will be an advantage
- Housing allowance of 60, 996 CFA
- Transport Allowance of 32, 844 CFA
- Unsociable Working Hours Allowance 20% of basic salary
- Please complete the application form in full. Failure to do so may result in a determination that you do not meet the requirements for the position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Yaounde are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Cameroon.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
This opportunity is closed to applications.