View Vacancy - RoK - Trade Officer A2
To help UK companies to win business in Korea in the Life Sciences sector by working with the team to identify opportunities and develop and deliver successful campaign activities to exploit them. Also to provide administrative support for the wider work of the DIT team and Embassy.
Working to the Life Sciences Trade Manager be responsible for the day-day delivery of the Life Sciences campaign
- Develop and deliver campaign plans, including trade missions, trade fairs, seminars, visits and other activities
- Assist in identifying new business opportunities for UK exporters
- Research and report on current sector, economic and social trends to identify opportunities for UK-South Korea business collaborations
- Provide relevant logistical and administrative support for the sector
Support the wider DIT trade team, particularly but not exclusively on the Digital Economy sector
- Assist with relevant admin work
- Provide relevant support to the Head of Trade Operations, mainly with preparation and delivery of major activities and events
- Assist the Digital Economy and Life Sciences team with procurement and financial management
- Work experience of international trade and business
- Fluency in written and spoken Korean and English: Ability to write concise correspondence and reports for companies both in the UK and Korea
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and client service/management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and/or as part of a team
- High proficiency in IT: MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint and social media
- Ability to set priorities and multi-task
- Knowledge and experience of life science (and other relevant) sectors
- Experience in project and client management
Standard working hours are from 0900 - 1715 Monday to Thursday and 0900 - 1700 Friday.
Working hours may be longer prior to the actual event and on the event days.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
The applicant must have or be able to obtain work authorisation in Korea in order to apply.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Seoul are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Korean employment law.
All applications must be received before 22 June 2017 at 2355 Seoul time.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
Interviews for this position will commence during the week of 26 June 2017.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
This opportunity is closed to applications.