View Vacancy - Intern - Department of International Trade (Miami)
The Department for International Trade is the international business development agency of the Government of the United Kingdom which works to foster transatlantic business relations between the US and the UK. The British Consulate General in Miami has an opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated individual to contribute to these objectives and gain valuable, real-world experience through this internship opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with management and administrative duties, including monitoring and profiling local budgets, trade and investment reporting and research, marketing and business planning, and various other office duties
- Arrange and coordinate meetings, briefings and presentations
- Conduct research and assist with writing reports tailored to UK Companies as part of DIT’s Overseas Market Information Service (OMIS) program
- Assist with the preparation, organisation and execution of outward and inward trade missions, networking receptions, visit programs and other platforms
- Must be a junior or a senior in an undergraduate program, or enrolled in a graduate program by the start date of your internship (least 60 credit hours of undergraduate coursework completed). Since this is an unpaid internship, students receiving college credit in exchange for their internships is required.
- Students pursuing degrees in business, international relations, or a related field a plus
- Strong research, analysis, and report writing skills
- Computer literacy in standard Microsoft Office applications
Under US State requirements, the Embassy may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Green Card holders, A or J1 Visa holders with valid Work Authorization Documents. If you hold a Visa other than an A or J1 Visa you are not eligible to work at the Embassy. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
These are unpaid internships, for college credit only, but the Embassy does provide a stipend of $100 per month for transportation costs. This internship will start on 28 August 2017 and end on the 15 December 2017.
Resume and a cover letter should be submitted by 21 June 2017. Please note in your cover letter if you are currently eligible to work at the Embassy.Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other category protected by law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.