View Vacancy - Personal Assistant to the Ambassador - Internal Vacancy
Main purpose of job:
The job holder must be highly organised and systematic. The work is key to the efficient functioning of the whole Embassy. The jobholder needs excellent communication and interpersonal skills to liaise with a range of high level contacts across Government in both the UK and Chile, and with the business, Armed Forces, British community, other Embassies and contacts in Chile. The jobholder must be able to work under pressure, and deal with a range of conflicting demands to effectively help organise the time of the Ambassador.
The job holder will provide occasional support to Deputy Head of Mission by making reservations, booking meetings and transport.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Co-ordination of HMA’s diary, balancing time management and ensuring Outlook electronic diary is continually updated.
- Prime contact point for external contacts on diary engagements, meeting requests and telephone calls.
- Flagging up key and urgent emails and papers, and liaising with colleagues to progress work when HMA is at meetings or on leave.
- Liaison with internal Embassy colleagues on briefing speeches for meetings and events.
- Liaison with driver for transport arrangements.
- Co-ordination of external travel arrangements and visit programmes for HMA.
- Budget management, including DRE and travel budgets.
- Administrative support.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Spanish.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well within a small team.
- Annual leave entitlement of 20 days.
This opportunity is closed to applications.