View Vacancy - BK - Entry Clearance Assistant, A1 (Internal vacancy)
The Bangkok visa section processes approximately 100,000 visa applications per year from visa applicants applying to travel to the UK from Thailand, Vietnam, Burma, Laos and Cambodia. Our objective is to deliver a transparent, reliable and trusted visa service that meets the needs of our customers, supports economic growth and keeps the UK safe and secure.
Each visa application is processed in accordance with the Immigration Rules, government policy and within tight turnaround times.
The Workflow ECA role is an important administration position within the Workflow Team. The job holder is responsible for ensuring that all visa applications received at the British Embassy are inputted onto UKVI’s IT system with speed, accuracy and care and in accordance with UKVI operational guidelines. The job requires close attention to detail to ensure that all visa applications are processed efficiently and smoothly.
This job presents an opportunity for the successful applicant to develop an understanding of how the UK visa operation in Bangkok works and how it links to the wider work of the embassy.
Roles and Responsibilities -
- To process and data-entry UK visa applications into UKVI's IT case-working system with 100% accuracy; keeping up to date with operational changes in order to fully contribute towards delivering UKVI's processing targets.
- To be consistently competent by meeting daily benchmarks and quality standards for case-preparation, data-entry, packing, printing and application dispatch.
- To be customer focused, by ensuring all applications are handled with the correct level of priority according to the type of processing service used by the visa applicant.
- To be high performing by flexing work activity according to daily visa demand; acting in accordance with the UKVI Code of Conduct, embracing operational change and taking personal responsibility for an efficient workflow operation and a tidy office environment; ensuring all visa records are correctly located and filed at all times.
- A good command of English and Thai (written and spoken)
- Good communication and people-friendly interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills (MS Office, accessing databases & web based applications)
- The ability to work as part of a small team and work under pressure to meet challenging targets
- A positive attitude, can do attitude, with attention to detail
- Recent UKVI experience
The British Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package, including salary, benefits, a leave entitlement, Health Insurance and comprehensive development programme based upon business need and individual staff requirements. The job is linked to the British Embassy’s Local Staff A1 grade. For those not liable to tax the salary will be abated.
This role will be offered on permanent local engaged staff terms and conditions. The role is however time limited and it is expected to end in June 2018. Should this date change, the successful applicant would be given a minimum of three months notice of such a change.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment and security checks. Staff who are locally recruited by the British Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have or be able to obtain work authorisation in Thailand in order to apply. Any costs related to obtaining or renewing permits and visas are the responsibility of the successful applicant.
This vacancy is for British Embassy Bangkok internal candidates (and spouse or partner of an employee, agency staff currently employed temporarily in embassy) only.
All applications must be received before 23:55 on 21 June 2017.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information request. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
Interviews for this position will commence during the week of 03 July 2017.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
Reminder for existing Embassy staff who will be interested to apply:
Along with the completed online application form, candidates should upload their last two years End of Year Appraisals if applicable. If applicants have been employed for less than twelve months, they will need to provide permission from their Head of Section to apply and should attach this to their application.
Guidance on completing competency based application forms and sitting Interviews can be found on the BE Website and also on the Civil Service Learning portal, Virtual Ashridge portal and Goodpractice.net (both accessed through the CSL). Staff are strongly advised to refer to these.
We recommend all applicants to understand the Civil Service competences before applying for any role and in preparation for interviews. For more information, you can visit our website - https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-embassy-bangkok/about/recruitment.
Please check your application centre regularly for any update on your application.
This opportunity is closed to applications.