View Vacancy - Creative Industries & Media Intern for the Department of International Trade - Los Angeles
The Department for International Trade (DIT) is the UK Government’s international business development agency. DIT USA is charged with transatlantic trade development between the UK and the US; and with assisting US companies looking to invest in the UK. DIT USA works closely with DIT Headquarters in London, the DIT Investment Services Team, and other departmental agencies in the UK. Together with representatives of the three Devolved Administrations of Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales, DIT aims to drive transatlantic trade and foreign investment into the UK.
The Creative and Media Sector of DIT engages with companies within the film, television, digital media, music, design, advertising, publishing, and video game industries.
The British Consulate in Los Angeles is seeking a Trade and Investment Intern to work in our Creative & Digital Media Team. This role will support the team’s various international trade and foreign direct investment activities during Fall 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Updating the Creative & Media Sector’s trade and investment brochure
- Assist in planning and executing local events
- Assist in developing meeting programs for high level visitors; especially in regards to outreach, briefings, and follow up activities
- Assist in sourcing leads - new companies and potential partners
- Research events and conferences where the C&M team may represent DIT
- Assist on developing social media content and monitor external social media activity
- Compile information on industry-relevant current events that may impact the team’s activities or our clients
- Must be a junior or a senior in an undergraduate program, or enrolled in a graduate program by the start date of your internship (least 60 credit hours of undergraduate coursework completed). Since this is an unpaid internship, students receiving college credit in exchange for their internships is required.
- ability to use a variety of social media tools
- Must have writing and editing skills
- experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- proactive, self-starting approach to work and excellent organizational skills
- attention to detail, good follow up discipline, and be deadline oriented
Under US State requirements, the Embassy may only employ, as non-diplomatic staff, persons who are US citizens, US Green Card holders, A or J1 Visa holders with valid Work Authorization Documents. If you hold a Visa other than an A or J1 Visa you are not eligible to work at the Embassy. All candidates will be subject to background checks and security clearance.
These are unpaid internships, for college credit only, but the Embassy does provide a stipend of $100 per month for transportation costs. This internship will start on 28 August 2017 and end on the 15 December 2017.
Resume and a cover letter should be submitted by 21 June 2017. Please note in your cover letter if you are currently eligible to work at the Embassy.Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
The British Embassy is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other category protected by law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.