View Vacancy - ROK - Executive Assistant to HMA, EO (MATL Cover)
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The British Embassy Seoul is looking for an Executive Assistant to HMA to run the Private Office of the Ambassador. The Executive Assistant (EA) to His Majesty’s Ambassador plays a key coordinating role at the heart of the Embassy. The EA provides strategic, organisational and logistical support to the Ambassador to deliver UK objectives.
- Making appointments for the Ambassador. Diary management, monitoring incoming invitations and ensuring ongoing communication to keep the Ambassador, the Residence and other Embassy teams up to date on diary commitments.
- Managing the Ambassador’s participation in senior level Ministerial visits to the Republic of Korea.
- Managing arrangements and logistics for the Ambassador’s attendance at commemoration ceremonies and other official external events.
- Managing the Ambassador’s expenses and other budgets;
- Line management: Residents Manager (managing and overseeing the organisation of all events (including meetings) at the Residence) and HMA Driver
- Liaising with HMA, the Residence Manager and the spouse of the Ambassador on all events taking place at the Residence.
- Supporting the effective running of key BE meetings / governance functions (e.g., the Section Heads)
RESOURCES MANAGED (staff and expenditure):
Residence Manager, HMA Driver
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working in an office-based environment.
- High level programme and diary management skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- A self-starter, able to work independently with limited supervision.
- High proficiency in drafting correspondence in English.
- Ability to engage with senior colleagues and high-level external stakeholders with credibility.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Language: English / Korean
- Level of language required: Fluent
- Previous experience of working in an Embassy or within the office of a major international organisation;
- Previous experience of working as an Executive Assistant to a senior official or executive.
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES:
The British Embassy is committed to investing in L&D for its staff, and provides a range of L&D opportunities, from learning sets to speaker events, group learning to job shadowing opportunities, as well as an extensive suite of online learning materials. Where job-specific training is identified the British Embassy will provide access to appropriate courses.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law.
While some evening work and travel overseas (which might include weekends) and within Korea is required, we promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Normal working hours are Monday to Friday, 09:00 – 17:15 (17:00 on Fridays). However, occasional evening and weekend working may be required, for which time off in lieu is given. The British Embassy encourages flexible working and various flexible working arrangements are possible with line manager agreement, including working from home
This is a 5-month Maternity Cover role.
Kindly note that your application must be submitted before 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core behaviours listed above.
Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the online application form completely including the employment and educational details, experience, professional skills and behaviour based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the applications and incomplete form in any respect may not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.
For inclusivity and diversity, please remove the following personal information when uploading your CV: name, address, email address, age, date of birth, gender, and nationality.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. The applicant must have or be able to obtain work authorisation in Korea in order to apply. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Seoul are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Korean employment law.
British Embassy Seoul is committed to diversity and inclusion, and we encourage enquiries and applications from under-represented groups. If you would like to speak to someone at the Embassy who is not directly involved in the recruitment process about diversity and inclusion, please enquire to APAC Recruitment <APAC.Recruitment@fcdo.gov.uk>.
This opportunity is closed to applications.