View Vacancy - Digital Communications Officer (POL22.555)
Poland is an important partner for the UK. The British Embassy Warsaw works to develop relations between all parts of Poland and all parts of the UK. Our work covers the breadth of the bilateral relationship, including political, commercial, security and economic issues of interest to both the UK and Poland, which we deliver under the framework of a Country Strategy setting out key objectives. Roles and responsibilities might evolve, in line with the Country Strategy.
The British Embassy Warsaw is committed to being an inclusive employer. We actively champion diversity and UK values, internally and externally. We value team working, flexibility, responsibility and creativity, as well as everyone’s contribution to making the Embassy a great place to work, where our people get good training and fulfil their potential. We have a strong Learning and Development culture, organise regular in-house training opportunities, and encourage staff to take on opportunities for development.
Why should you apply?
The Digital Communications Officer will support the delivery of the Embassy’s objectives in Poland through production of high quality, engaging and influencing digital communications.
What will you be expected to achieve?
- Implementing the Embassy’s digital communications strategy as part of the Embassy’s wider communications plans and based on Embassy’s objectives in Poland and the British Government’s global campaigns;
- Designing and running the digital aspects of Embassy’s campaigns;
- Creating high-quality, engaging digital content for the Embassy’s digital channels, including social media, and updating the FCDO website;
- Building the Embassy’s digital audience and improving positive engagement and the Embassy’s digital influence;
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact of the Embassy’s digital campaigns and ensuring a positive feedback cycle;
- Contributing digital content to the Head of Comms led plans for high-level visits and events, ensuring that it reinforces the Embassy’s digital communications campaigns;
- Monitoring media coverage on specific issues, translating press articles;
- Covering for other Comms Officers when required as well as performing any other comms related task as required.
The Embassy has a strong commitment to staff learning and development. You will be supported to achieve your development goals through stretching on the job opportunities, regular bite-sized L&D sessions and by more formal training too.
- Full professional proficiency in English and Polish (C1/C2 CEFR*);
- Bachelor degree or higher (preferably in a related field like digital communications);
- Proven tech-skills in using digital graphic design software to create top-quality, engaging digital content;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a digital communications environment;
- Proven experience in managing official (corporate/institutional) social media accounts, especially Twitter, Instagram and Facebook as well as knowledge of other channels and their audience;
- Proven experience in designing and running digital campaigns (experience in defining digital comms strategies an asset);
- At least 1 year experience in digital video filming and editing;
- At least 1 year experience in using social media monitoring and evaluation software (e.g. Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, Google Analytics etc);
- Very good writing skills (drafting engaging, influencing content, articles, social media entries – both in Polish and in English);
- Enthusiastic, energetic and creative attitude;
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and the ability to assess things independently;
- Proven experience in managing and delivering a demanding workload as well as responding flexibly to changing priorities;
- Understanding of the Polish digital media environment;
- Good command of MS Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in working on digital communications in a similar organisation (embassy, government ministry, international organisation, multinational company);
- Experience in using content management systems for websites;
- Interest in UK culture;
- Knowledge of UK policies and government priorities in Poland;
- Experience working with the OASIS campaign model.
This is a full-time fixed-term position of 5 days (37.5 net per week) for 2 years excluding probation.
The gross salary for this position is PLN 8,462 gross per month. Working hours are flexible and staff are entitled to time-off-in-lieu for agreed extra hours worked. The annual leave entitlement is 20 or 26 days per year pro rata and the Embassy also enjoys a maximum of 14 Polish / UK public holidays per year.
Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by the local law.
The successful candidate will be subject to the Polish references check and satisfactory completion of a probationary period of three months.
Candidates must have pre-existing right to live and work in Poland for the duration of the job offer in order to apply. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Warsaw are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to Polish employment law.
Visa / Passport requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Poland and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract. Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Working patterns: The British Embassy Warsaw has a strong commitment to work/life balance. Office hours are 8:30 – 16:30, staff are encouraged to leave on time. Flexi-hours are also possible within the Embassy building’s opening hours (0800-1800). We have mobile technology and offer hybrid working with remote working days to be agreed with line managers.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline” and accordingly to the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be advised that the UK Mission will not be able to meet any cost during the Recruitment and Selection process, Security Check nor the costs connected with relocation.
*Please note for more information on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment levels please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.