View Vacancy - Media Engagement Officer (LTU22.557)
The British Embassy Vilnius is a professional, friendly and inclusive team, which supports the development and wellbeing of all its staff members, and we are looking to recruit a new Media Engagement Officer.
The successful candidate will act as Deputy Head of the British Embassy Moscow’s Media Hub in Vilnius.
They will support the Hub Head to leverage relationships with Russian media across Russian and the Baltic states. They will provide advice and insight on the current media landscape, draw on their understanding of communications impact and audiences to advise on and oversee Russian-language communication campaigns, and work closely with colleagues across the regional and in London.
- Proficiency at C1 level in English and Russian according to CEFR Framework*
- Candidates should have experience in engaging with Russian-language media, either in Russia or in the Eastern European neighbourhood;
- Must have in-depth knowledge of the Russian news environment;
- Strong communication skills;
- Good strategical planning and prioritisation skills.
- Experience working in Press or Public Affairs for an international organisation or government.
This is a full-time, permanent contract of 40 gross hours per week (35 hours net).
The start date for the position is as soon as possible, subject to the availability of the candidate and the length of the recruitment process.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Lithuania. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Vilnius are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Lithuanian employment law.
- A competitive base salary and, in addition, a non-consolidated sports allowance;
- Private medical insurance scheme;
- A strong focus on learning and development; including support for developing English language skills
- Access to development and learning opportunities offered to all staff.
- The opportunity to work in an international environment, gaining skills relevant to work in shared services centres and international organisations;
- 40 hours gross working week and a commitment to flexible working with a focus on providing a work-life balance, with the potential for some home-working.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Lithuania and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCDO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCDO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR.
This opportunity is closed to applications.