View Vacancy - AUH - FCDO Services Regional Delivery Manager (SEO)
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi has a vacancy for two (2) Regional Delivery Managers under FCDO Services on a fixed-term contract for two (2) years, with a possibility of extension.
FCDO Services provides a range of integrated, secure services worldwide to support diplomacy, development and defence for the UK government. We build and maintain security infrastructure, communications systems, and estates in the region and manage logistics for posts including Diplomatic Bag Services. The team works on a wide range of projects, from technical fit-outs for entire embassies to crisis response and small works.
The jobholder will sit with our Middle East and Africa team and will be based out of the embassy in Abu Dhabi. The jobholder will deliver medium to large construction projects in accordance with service level agreements, programme/ project plans, and customer requirements.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage multi-functional teams within a construction project, across multiple international borders and time zones. Deliver projects to time, quality, and cost, in compliance with internal processes, policies and all health and safety requirements.
- Schedule major work packages, establish the supply chain for the project, and add to the pipeline forecasting work to ensure adequate resource planning and the optimum use of FCDO Services resources.
- Monitor and record financial performance within the project to stay within budget and to provide updates to the Project Board in accordance with the governance arrangements. Financial planning and management of projects or programme of projects, ranging in value from £5k to £500k to ensure delivery within the agreed cost forecasts.
- Set the project cost and resources baseline and ensure that all required data entries are complete and accurate to conduct effective analysis.
- Deliver project requirements to time, budget, and quality, working within the FCDO Services governance model and ensure all projects are delivered in line with the wider governance framework.
- Perform internal and external stakeholder mapping, communications strategy, and communications planning.
- Identify and manage stakeholder requirements, interests, and influences, and manage their expectations. Liaise with end-users and Project Sponsors to agree scope, budget, and timeframes for multiple estate projects.
- Embed rigorous project risk and change management processes and procedures, escalating issues, where appropriate, to the Regional Portfolio Manager.
The above list is not exhaustive and the jobholder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad hoc tasks as required, including participating in the Embassy’s emergency planning and any other response to a crisis affecting UK citizens.
Key behaviours required:
- Changing and Improving - Seek out opportunities to create effective change and suggest innovative ideas for improvement. Review ways of working, including seeking and providing feedback.
- Managing a Quality Service - Deliver service objectives with professional excellence, expertise and efficiency, taking account of diverse customer needs.
- Delivering at Pace - Taking responsibility for delivering timely and quality results with focus and drive.
- Communicating and Influencing - Communicate purpose and direction with clarity, integrity and enthusiasm. Respect the needs, responses and opinions of others.
- Working Together - Form effective partnerships and relationships with people both internally and externally, from a range of diverse backgrounds, sharing information, resources and support.
- Making Effective Decisions - Use evidence and knowledge to support accurate, expert decisions and advice. Carefully consider alternative options, implications and risks of decisions.
- Experience in managing construction projects from inception to completion. Experience in applying project management methodologies in project design, development, and implementation.
- Specific domain understanding and experience, in terms of the operation, maintenance and deployment of using NEC3/4, GC works, and FIDIC contracts and documentation in procuring construction.
- Health and Safety knowledge and experience in construction and CDM2015 regulations.
- Prince 2 Practitioner, APMP, ISEB Certificate in Project Management or equivalent
- Experience in: Contract management; resource and cost management; stakeholder management; risk management
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and parallel projects. Experience in coordination and consolidation of project plans and project finance management.
- Knowledge of and experience in using MS Project or equivalent project planning tool.
- Flexible, resilient under pressure, and decisive, with a proven track record of working quickly and reliably with attention to detail and with limited supervision. Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently and to take the initiative as well as being able to work well as part of a larger team to deliver results.
- Collaborative approach to colleagues and stakeholder partnerships. Ability to initiate and maintain a wide range of working relationships.
- A confident communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and good presentation and representational skills. Proven ability to engage at all levels internally and with external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and spoken. Able to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely, both orally and in written communication.
- Strong IT skills and literacy in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook).
- Experience in the deployment of medium complexity estates and security projects in a secure environment.
- Experience in the delivery of construction projects across borders (regional or global projects)
- Health and Safety management qualification such as IOSH, NEBOSH, SMSTS, etc.
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: 25 days of leave per annum; on-site swimming pool, gym, and sports facilities (subject to COVID-19 restrictions).
Salary is at AED 29,682 per month.
There are no other allowances payable as part of this package. No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
The Embassy is open from Monday to Friday, from 07:30 to 18:00. Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week (including breaks), and specific working hours for this role will be confirmed at a later time.
The jobholder should be flexible in their approach to hours worked as these will also be dictated by operational needs and may involve working out of hours (evenings/ weekends) on occasion. Flexible working arrangements may be considered based on operational requirements and agreement with the line manager, and in line with FCDO and Embassy policies.
The jobholder must also be available for occasional travel within the region and possibly further afield to the UK for business/ official purposes.
The successful candidate will be required to transfer their visa under the Embassy's sponsorship.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must include in their online application form 1) an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV); 2) a covering letter/ motivation essay stating how you meet the requirements of the role; and 3) examples in the relevant sections of the online application form of how you meet the key behaviours and skills required.
Applications that do not include these this information will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is at 23:55 UAE local time on 27 November 2022.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around two months.
Interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of 12 December 2022. This will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action. Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step of the recruitment process will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security-vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.