View Vacancy - Estate Support (Handymen) S2 (07/22 LUA)
Main purpose of the job:
Carry out general maintenance work in all Embassy properties, working to agreed maintenance programmes and responding to emergency requests as required, to standards required by UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office guidelines
Duties and Responsibilities: (what will the jobholder be expected to achieve)
- Complete all required maintenance tasks for all properties within agreed time frames and to agreed standards
- Ensure relevant contractors meet the requirements of the contracts in terms of work done and agreed time frames.
- Manage inventory of all Embassy work equipment, including electrical tools, ladders and steps.
- Ensure effective supervision of contractors at Embassy properties as appropriate
- Carry out duties related to distribution of goods and assets within properties
- Assist in completing and maintaining records of various routine inspections required under Health & Safety regulations
- Assist in disposing of assets when needed
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the line manager
- At least 2 years previous experience in a civil work role to include maintenance (painting skills, electrical, building repairs, etc)
- Technical Craft Certificate or proven experience
- Basic computer literacy
- Previous experience in general services
- Ability to identify ad hoc maintenance requirements essential for facility management services.
- Ability to manage day-to-day maintenance and support requests and other additional tasks.
- Team player who is also capable of working on their own initiative
- Fluency in English & Portuguese (Written & Spoken)
- 2 – 3 years of experience in maintenance works
- Have excellent knowledge of general installations
- Advance knowledge operations in general services maintenance and repairs
Learning and development opportunities:
The successful applicant will have access to a wide range of online training through the British Government’s online learning platforms. Further opportunities may be available for job shadowing.
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British Embassy will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy in Luanda are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Angola.
- It is essential that the applicants already have the right to live and work in Angola without the need to apply for a work permit
- Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
- Information about the Civil Service Success Profiles can be found on this link:Please note: Job grade AA=A1, AO=A2, EO=B3, HEO=C4, SEO=C5
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
- Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application
This opportunity is closed to applications.