View Vacancy - Security Guard (LTU22.490) - b
The British Embassy in Vilnius is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic, commercial and consular interests overseas. We are currently looking for a Security Guard, who will be providing security guarding service to ensure the safety and security of our Embassy staff members, visitors, customers and contractors as well as protecting all properties within Embassy and Residence premises.
Remaining alert and vigilant and pro-actively responding to incidents and emergencies in accordance to the established security instructions and procedures.
The British Embassy in Vilnius is a professional, friendly and inclusive team, which supports the development and wellbeing of all its staff members. This role would suite a proactive team player with experience of working in a security role.
The Job holder must have good manners, attire and aplomb;
Must have good communication skills;
Level of language required: At least a B1 (Beginner) level reading, writing, listening and speaking in English;
Must have the ability to work 12 hour shifts.
Security guard training and experience.
This is a permanent full-time contract (35 hours net per week) subject to a 90 day probation period. Security guards are required to work on rotation shifts of 12 hours. Equal day and night scheduling for all guards.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Lithuania. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Vilnius are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Lithuanian employment law.
· A competitive base salary and, in addition, a non-consolidated sports allowance;
· Performance related bonuses;
· Strong focus on employee mental health and wellbeing;
· Private medical insurance scheme;
· A strong focus on learning and development; including access to development and learning opportunities offered to all staff.
· The opportunity to work in an international environment, gaining skills relevant to work in shared services centres and international organisations;
· 35 hours working week.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Lithuania and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
FCDO does not pay for travel related expense incurred in interviews (including Security Check) or accept any financial risk, including cancelation or reschedule costs. The FCDO will not meet the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
* Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR.
This opportunity is closed to applications.