View Vacancy - Internal Communications Officer (RUS22.505)
Why you should apply?
Our new Internal Communications Officer will provide administrative support to the British Embassy in Moscow
As a core member of the internal communication team, you will provide high quality interpretation services for senior staff members and visitors, and for audiences attending briefings or all-staff events.
The officer will provide high quality translation of official documents, statements, speeches, video scripts and other media. They will work closely with external agencies, to commission additional support as required.
Working to the Deputy Head of Communications, you will be expected to:
- Accompany senior diplomats (including the Ambassador and Deputy Head of Mission) on external meetings, providing translation from Russian to English and English to Russian;
- Provide simultaneous / consecutive interpretation during formal events at different venues including the Ambassador’s Residence for external and internal audience;
- Translate speeches and messages for senior diplomats (including the Ambassador and DHM) and assist them with pronunciation and other questions concerning Russian linguistics;
- Provide accurate and timely translation of official documents including statements, correspondence between the British and Russian governments, and legal agreements;
- Publish official translations on GOV.UK;
- Support the colleagues in Communications Team to ensure accurate translation of digital content, social media publications and other public communications.
- Support the colleagues in other sections including Post Security Officer, Corporate Services, and Facilities Management Services in translation of internal documents including contracts and technical documentation;
- Manage relationship with external subcontractors (translation / interpretation agencies), outsource requests and deal with their contracts and payments as necessary;
- Perform other duties deemed operationally necessary by Deputy / Head of Section;
- Make a positive contribution to a positive and healthy workplace, as a member of the British Embassy Moscow.
- Fluent level of written and spoken English and Russian (C1/C2 level CEFR*);
- Excellent level of written and spoken English and Russian;
- Experience interpreting in formal environments including technical legal, diplomatic or business vocabulary;
- Experience translating formal documents, from English to Russian and vice versa;
- Knowledge of MS Office applications suite.
- Experience in simultaneous translation.
This is a permanent contract, 5 working days, 35 hours net per week.
The monthly salary for this position is Rub 82,347 gross, AO level, paid 13 times a year. We also offer a performance related annual bonus.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check and security clearance.
All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Russia. The British Embassy does not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Russia is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Russian employment law.
We also offer:
- An interesting and varied job in an open, modern management culture;
- Performance related pay scheme;
- Comprehensive learning and development opportunities;
- Excellent working environment in central location with on-site facilities including cafeteria, bar, gym, tennis court, squash court and swimming pool;
- Private medical cover including dentistry.
Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed):
- FCDO mandatory e-learning on P2P processes
- GDPR ( Data Protection training)
There’s an opportunity to bid for funding through our learning and development budget for individual training courses.
Please be advised that the Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
*Please note for more information on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment levels please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.