View Vacancy - Executive Assistant for Bilateral and Press & Public Affairs Team (ITA22.553)
The British Embassy in Rome is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking for an Executive Assistant to support two of our teams in delivering their objectives: the Bilateral and the Press & Public Affairs Team.
As an Executive Assistant for Bilateral and Press & Public Affairs Team you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic role where you will be responsible for a range of activities from organizing visits, events, and meetings, to monitoring media and giving support with social media communications. You will also be responsible to oversee an intern.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Responsible for organizing Embassy events (local and regional visits, King's Birthday Party, support with conferences, UK officials visits, etc.)
- Provide managerial and organisational oversight and administrative assistance on physical and virtual events, as well as support in monitoring and evaluating events’ success;
- Contribute to promoting and marketing of Embassy’s activities through creating ad hoc visual and digital material (video/photo editing);
- Monitor the media and provide input for the Embassy daily press review;
- Responsible to manage the bilateral team travel and entertainment budgets;
- Assist on research on policy priorities;
- Manage the public diplomacy calendar – updating and sharing;
- Administrative support to both teams including keeping the Bilateral Teams’ contacts database updated;
- Translations and proofreading from and into Italian/English;
- Train and oversee the Bilateral Team intern;
- To act as part of a support cadre, providing administrative support to the wider teams, primarily Chancery and the Ambassador’s office and residence when required;
- Actively engage in corporate activities and initiatives in the Italy Network.
Learning and development opportunities
The Embassy offers both formal training courses ranging from how to use different IT tools to work skills such as how to give confident presentations. We also support staff through coaching and mentoring. Learning and development is a key part of our ethos at the Embassy.
Flexible. The job is based in Rome with some occasional travel within Italy and abroad. Some remote working is possible in agreement with the team.
- Minimum 1 year experience in events organization and management;
- Previous experience in communication dealing with social media or press;
- Proven experience in administration work including scheduling appointments and diary management;
- Advanced in English and Italian, including written and spoken skills (C1 level or above under the Common European Framework of References for Languages;
- Experience with dealing with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Budget management experience;
- Strong time management skills to plan and organize work according to deadlines and unexpected situations;
- Team work by acting collaboratively with colleagues from different teams and other teams as required.
- Attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Windows and MS Office).
- Experience of working in an Embassy and/or international organisation.
This job will be based in Rome.
This is a full-time temporary position with a contract of 12 months with the possibility of renewal, graded AO according to the FCDO grading structure.
The monthly gross salary is Euro 2,312.00. The salary is paid monthly 14 times per year including € 10.33 EDR paid 13 times per year, with double salary payments in June and December. If working less than a full calendar year, the additional salary payments will be pro-rata.
Working hours are 35 hrs per week Monday to Friday typically from 09.00 – 17.00, with some flexibility.
The appointment is subject to security clearance, professional background check and the successful completion of a 2 month probationary period.
All staff employed by the Embassy are subject to Italian income tax rate deductions (IRPEF). However the administration of these tax payments will vary depending on nationality.
The successful candidate will be enrolled in the Italian State Social Security Scheme. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Rome are subject to terms and conditions of service according to local Italian employment law.
Visa/work permit requirements: candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Italy and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please be advised that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline” and it is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please also be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
**Please note, Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.