View Vacancy - Casual Receptionist (GEO22.535)
The British Embassy in Tbilisi is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and we are now looking for a Casual Receptionist.
The jobholder will be the part of the corporate services section and will be responsible for providing reception and secretarial support services to Embassy and its senior leadership on ad-hoc basis.
Main duties and responsibilities
A professional first point of contact for in-person visitors to the Embassy, and enquiries by telephone and email. Plus coordinator of contact details within the Embassy:
- Providing full reception and telephony service;
- Monitoring the Embassy’s enquiry mailbox, and distributing information to relevant staff;
- Maintaining up-to-date staff phone lists, and directories of hotels and airline companies used regularly by the Embassy;
Strong support to the Corporate Services team and wider Embassy in respect of the Embassy’s diplomatic functions:
- Liaising with the MFA on the accreditation of diplomatic staff;
- Arranging dispatch and receipt of Embassy shipments/deliveries;
- Coordinating applications by diplomatic staff for visas for official travel, and for airport access passes when necessary;
- Updating information in the outline expenditure guide used by British Government staff making official visits to Georgia;
- Supporting diplomatic staff in arrangements with local service providers.
Assistance to the Corporate Services team in other aspects of the Embassy’s administration:
- Coordinating the daily vehicle schedules of the Embassy drivers;
- Making travel reservations on behalf of staff making official journeys;
- Administering the purchases of goods and services up to a certain value, including responsibility as a procurement card holder for low-value purchases;
- Maintaining Embassy stationery and cleaning supplies;
- Liaising with various local service providers;
- Providing ad hoc translation services.
In addition, the incumbent will provide secretarial and administrative support to other sections of the Embassy as and when required including absence cover for Executive Assistant to the Ambassador.
- Full professional proficiency in English and Georgian and, including excellent writing skills (written and spoken, minimum of C1 level for CEFR framework*);
- Previous reception or customer services experience of at least 3 years;
- Experience of working for an international organisation would be an advantage;
- Strong IT skills (office programs).
- Full professional proficiency in Russian, including excellent writing skills (written and spoken, minimum of C1 level for CEFR framework*);
This is a part-time position. No guaranteed employment time during the week/month/year; Ad-Hoc as and when required by the Embassy.
The gross hourly salary is 16,22 GEL (gross). Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax and state pension contributions required by local law.
The successful candidate will be subject to a professional background check and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Tbilisi is subject to local Terms and Conditions of Service.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Georgia. The British Embassy does not sponsor applications for work permits.
Please note, Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
Please be advised that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
This opportunity is closed to applications.