View Vacancy - Finance & Admin Coordinator (TUR22.593)
The British Consulate in Istanbul is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic, commercial and consular interests overseas. We are currently looking for a Finance & Admin Coordinator. This person must be well organized, flexible, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting the regional and field personnel.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Finance Support e.g. purchasing items, raising purchase orders, procurement, invoicing companies, filing documents, accurate budget monitoring and recording documents/invoices for audit purposes
- Running admin activities including on boarding, org-chart update, induction, bonus scheme, regional performance appraisal and objective setting and general business administration
- Event support; planning, organizing, coordinating department events
- Drafting internal communications; briefing notes, background documents, minutes, agenda, etc.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail , with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- 2-3 years of experience in finance, booking, and/or admin support
- Experienced in the areas explained in the main roles and responsibilities
- Experience working in multicultural environment
- Finance & Office Admin Support experience
This is a full-time permanent contract, for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The monthly base salary for this position is 1,447.61 USD gross AO level. Please note that staff members are responsible for paying any income tax required by local law.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Turkiye. The British Consulate General in Istanbul do not sponsor for work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background check, security clearance and a probation period of 2 months.
Staff recruited locally by The British Consulate General in Istanbul is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Turkish employment law.
British Diplomatic Missions are equal opportunities employers, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. We are committed to developing a learning organisation that enhances business performance, maximises our staff’s potential and encourages staff innovation and development.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
*Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link https://fco.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/brand-2/user-715/xf-5ddfa0fe3f39/wid-1/tmpwid-c01f_5db53d9b-8579-4653-9042-d4e91b43995d/ats/recruiter/opportunities/vacancy/16607. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.