View Vacancy - Residence Manager-Chef (LVA22.608)
Main purpose of the job:
Ensure efficient and effective operation of the Residence, ensuring it remains a distinctive UK diplomatic asset and a welcoming home, while managing high quality events that support Embassy objectives. Providing catering services at the Ambassador’s residence both for official events and privately for the Ambassador and his family.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Oversight, preparation and delivery of official events and arrangements for official guests. Liaise and coordinate with all involved staff.
- Ensure that the Residence and equipment is in an optimal state of maintenance. Identify, report and oversee repairs and maintenance works in the Residence. Liaise with Corporate Services team on required maintenance works, equipment, budgets, etc.
- Ensure the Residence and events comply with Health & Safety (H&S) standards, ensure all contractors follow H&S rules, and oversee Residence safety, including emergency evacuation.
- In co-operation with Corporate Service Manager, prepare annual budget for Residence, monitor expenditure and manage the work and expenditure according to allocated budgets. Manage accounts.
- Manage suppliers and purchases of stocks and supplies according to procurement guidance and ensuring value for money.
- Ensure and oversee effective functioning of the Residence and its services, including the highest standards of presentation, cleanliness, and hygiene at all times.
- In co-operation with the Corporate Service Manager, prepare and manage the Residence budget, organise the Residence work within the budget.
- Developing innovative, value for money meal menus and preparing and presenting food for a wide range of business hospitality events ranging from seated or buffet breakfasts, lunches, dinners, afternoon teas, cocktails, receptions and special events, as well as for Residence occupants and official guests, accommodating wide range of day-to-day requirements, within budget.
- Lead and manage the operation of Residence kitchen, ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene of kitchens and equipment at all times. Ensure that all food preparation areas and all utensils are kept clean and abide by all food safety regulations and best practice.
This is a full-time, permanent position. Working time is 40 hours per week (gross).
Embassy provides all its employees the following benefits:
- Two additional annual leave days on top of those mandated by law;
- A combination of Latvian and UK public holidays - 14 working days-off per year;
- Comprehensive Health Insurance that among others also includes dental care and sports.
The British Embassy has an active learning and development culture and there will be opportunities for informal training and shadowing.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Riga are subject to terms and conditions of service that are in line with the employment laws in Latvia.
Visa/work permit requirements: Candidates must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Latvia and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure you meet the legal requirements to live and work in this country.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
*Please note for more information on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment levels please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your language skill is going to be assessed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.