View Vacancy - Executive Assistant Intern - Ambassador’s Office - Brasilia
Main purpose of job:
An opportunity to work at the British Embassy in Brasilia assisting the Ambassador, the Deputy Head of Mission and Executive Office. The intern will be required to assist with the day-to-day running of a busy office.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assisting the Ambassador’s office with daily administrative tasks
- Arranging meetings, establishing and developing contacts with businesses and government
- Preparing booklets, sending out invitations
- Assisting on preparations for events and attending events as necessary
- Organising travel logistics and visit programmes
- Translating documents and reports
- Inserting new contacts in the database and updating it; maintaining the general filing system; Photocopying and distribution of documents
- Other tasks which will support the team
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
We will work with the successful candidate in looking for ways to combine their academic interests with the work undertaken at the Embassy.
Essential on arrival:
- The successful candidate should be at least a one-year student in International Relations, Public Relations, Secretarial Sciences, Business Administration and related fields.
- The successful candidate must be a team worker and know how to prioritise accordingly. They must also be flexible, dynamic and pro-active.
- Good command of written and spoken English and Portuguese with strong organisational and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
Language: English and Portuguese
Level of language required: Full fluency in Portuguese and very good English language skills (written and verbal) are essential.
- Experience in organising events will be considered an advantage.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary, eg some non-local national staff and some spouses or partners of UK diplomatic staff, will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
Learning and development opportunities:
- The British Embassy is committed to Learning and Development both through formal training and development opportunities ‘on the job’.
The period of probation for this role in 3 months.
The British Embassy in Brasilia offers an attractive working environment and a monthly remuneration package for this role of BR 1697.70.
30 hours per week, Monday - Friday. Applicants can split their time between morning and afternoons.
This opportunity is closed to applications.