View Vacancy - AUH - UKVI Entry Clearance Officer (EO) (Temporary)
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi has vacancies for Entry Clearance Officers (ECO) on temporary contracts starting in February 2023
These fixed term contracts will be for an initial period of twelve (12) months and in response to seasonal demand. There is the possibility of extension and/ or renewal of the contract depending on performance and operational requirements.
The objective of this role is to provide high quality, efficient and non-discriminatory visa application processing which meets published standards and to provide all customers with a firm, fast and fair service.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assess and resolve visa applications within agreed benchmarks. You must be able to analyse information, reach a decision quickly, and be able to justify this decision both orally and in writing. Entry Clearance Officers are expected to meet challenging daily workload targets.
- Ensure that all correspondence is considered, and reports or replies prepared within target times, in clear and concise English.
- Deal professionally with all callers to the Visa Section, whether on the telephone or in person, ensuring that people are treated fairly and responding sensitively to differences.
The above list is not exhaustive, and the jobholder will be required to be flexible and take on other ad hoc tasks as required, including participating in the Embassy’s emergency planning and any response to a crisis.
Key behaviours required:
- Making Effective Decisions - Use evidence and knowledge to support accurate, expert decisions and advice. Carefully consider alternative options, implications and risks of decisions.
- Delivering at Pace - Take responsibility for delivering timely and quality results with focus and drive.
- Working Together - Form effective partnerships and relationships with people both internally and externally, from a range of diverse backgrounds, sharing information, resources and support.
- The successful applicant will be required to obtain the necessary security clearance. Higher clearances can be granted only to certain nationalities. For this reason, candidates must be of British, American, Australian, Canadian, New Zealand or EU nationality in order to gain the level of clearance required for this role.
- Applicants must have a current passport that is valid for the next 12 months, i.e., will expire after November 2023.
- Applications will only be considered from those who are currently residing in the UAE.
- Applicants must be available in a full-time capacity to work on site at the British Embassy Abu Dhabi - these are not part time positions or available for remote working.
- Employment of successful candidates will only be confirmed following the successful completion of the Entry Clearance Officer training course to be held in Abu Dhabi in February 2023. You must be available to attend as no alternative course dates can be offered.
The ideal candidates should possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Previous UKVI experience is required.
- Must be fluent in either Arabic, Farsi, Hindi or Urdu, both written and spoken and able to express messages clearly and concisely to assist in operation for UKVI enrichment capabilities.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken. Ability to express ideas and messages clearly and concisely.
- A proven track record of working quickly and reliably with little supervision and meeting challenging targets on a daily basis.
- Capable of making quick decisions in accordance with set rules and able to show that these decisions are fair and just on all occasions.
- Excellent organisational ability, with proven ability to manage, plan, and prioritise tasks and workload. Ability to work well under pressure in a target driven environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong IT computer skills and in using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams).
Working hours and remuneration:
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role, including: 25 days of leave per annum; on-site swimming pool, gym, and sports facilities (subject to COVID-19 restrictions).
Salary is at AED 14,059 per month.
There are no other allowances payable as part of this package. No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Conditioned working hours are 38 hours per week. Standard working hours are from 07:30 to 15:06, including a lunch break of 36 minutes, from Monday to Friday. However, there may be a requirement for working on Saturday with a compensatory day off during the week. There is also a requirement for working a late shift, which is currently 10:00 to 17:00, for one week in every eight.
The successful candidate will be required to transfer their visa under the Embassy's sponsorship.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must attach
- an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- a covering letter/ motivation essay stating how you meet the requirements of the role
- example/s in the relevant sections of the online application form of how you meet the key behaviour/s required
Applications that do not include this information will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is at 23:55 (local time) on 25th November 2022.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
The recruitment process, including security clearance, is expected to take around two months. You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign, and we are working hard to minimise any disruption.
Due to the large number of applications, we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step of the recruitment process will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security-vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
The British Embassy Abu Dhabi is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
This opportunity is closed to applications.