View Vacancy - JKT - Health Programme Manager, HEO
To deliver the UK/Indonesia bilateral health relationship. To act as PRO for the Embassy’s ODA-funded health programme, thus delivering health commitments in UK/Indonesia roadmap.
Roles and responsibilities:
The jobholder will manage the delivery of the health programmes and support further development of the life sciences relationship between MoH and the wider Embassy team. Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining regular updates with the bilateral relationship team in the UK and RI ministries.
- Acting as PRO for the ODA-funded digital health programme,
- Building networks with UK organisations with a health interest, sourcing expertise and technical assistance where needed to meet MoH requests and opportunities to position the UK as a trusted and expert partner.
- Collaborating with DIT colleagues to identify opportunities and position UK expertise appropriately.
- Supporting the Head of Team to further develop the life sciences relationship
- Line manage the Health Programme Officer
The successful candidate will be based at the British Embassy Jakarta, and will report to the Head of the Health Team. The post holder will have line management responsibility for an EO Programme Officer.
- Proven project and budget management skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Good communicator, with ability to condense technical information and present it clearly in oral and written briefing.
- Ability to engage credibly with government and sector stakeholders
- Highly motivated, with good organisational skills
- Language: Fluent in English. Fluency in Bahasa Indonesia would be useful
- Health sector experience
- Knowledge of Indonesian Government structure both centrally and regionally
- FCDO/Embassy experience
The British Embassy/Consulate offers a competitive remuneration package including:
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year
- Medical benefit (medical insurance)
- Access to extensive learning and development opportunities
We place a strong emphasis on learning and development. You will be encouraged to undertake developmental training and get involved in corporate activities. You will have access to Project & Programme Management L&D as well as wider job-relevant L&D and support for your own personal development.
Flexible working options can be discussed with potential candidates, i.e. working from home by agreement with line manager, compresses hours/flexi-time.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Jakarta is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law. In relation to this, the successful candidate will need to arrange for his/her own Police Certificate.
Employees who are not liable to pay local income tax on their Mission salary may have their salaries reduced by the equivalent local income tax amount.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Note : All applicants are required to mandatorily fill the online application form completely including the employment and educational details, experience, professional skills and behaviour based questions. We will be thoroughly reviewing the applications and incomplete form in any respect may not be considered while shortlisting for the next stage.
For inclusivity and diversity, please remove the following personal information when uploading your CV: name, address, email address, age, date of birth, gender, and nationality.
The start date mentioned in the job advert is a tentative start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances.
This opportunity is closed to applications.