View Vacancy - SRR - Customer Service Manager, L&D and HR B3(L)
The British Embassy Riyadh has a vacancy for a Customer Service Manager for Learning & Development (L&D) and HR.
The jobholder will provide, manage, and deliver training requirements and support HR for the missions based in Riyadh, Jeddah, and Al Khobar.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain learning needs analysis, create and deliver L&D delivery plan to ensure that the Country Business Plan is achievable.
- Manage the annual appraisal cycle, including organising a quality control committee to ensure that the process is consistent across Posts.
- Manage and further develop the Network-wide employee induction process, a two-day programme held quarterly for all new employees.
- Lead on the annual staff survey collection, using outcomes to inform training plans.
- Serve as the main HR point of contact for the Regional HR Hub based in Abu Dhabi, ensuring that line managers and staff are aware of the process to contact the Regional Hub and that Regional Hub processes are fit for purpose locally.
- Manage the administration of contracts and personnel files held locally and assist line managers with their responsibilities within the HR processes including, but not limited to, recruitment, performance management, and employee relations issues.
- Review and feed into policy on legal matters and provide updates on labour law changes to the Regional HR Hub.
- Manage the medical scheme, including procurement of contract and maintaining a relationship with the provider’s account manager.
- Cover additional Corporate Services duties as requested by the Head of Corporate Services.
- Line management of 3 x CS employees.
- Manage the training budget of approximately SAR 50,000 per annum in liaison with the L&D team.
Key competencies required:
- Building Capability for All - Having a strong focus on continuous learning for oneself, others, and the organisation. Being open to learning and keeping one’s own knowledge and skill set current and evolving. Managing talent and ensuring a diverse blend of capability and skills is identified and developed to meet current and future business needs.
- Leading and Communicating - Leading from the front and communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. Managing and engaging with people with honesty and integrity, and upholding the reputation of the organisation.
- Managing a Quality Service - Being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements. Effectively planning, organising, and managing time and activities to deliver a high quality and efficient service, applying programme and project management approaches to support service delivery.
- Changing and Improving - Being open to change, suggesting ideas for improvements to the way things are done, and working in ‘smarter’, more focused ways. Creating and contributing to a culture of innovation and allowing people to consider and take managed risks.
- Experience of identifying learning needs and developing training plans, particularly assessing the needs of a broad spectrum of people within a diverse business environment and wide geographical spread.
- Excellent presentation skills. Experience of training and managing projects.
- Financial awareness and experience of working to tight budgets.
- Excellent written and spoken English, with sound written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to use Oracle databases in order to generate and manipulate reports.
- Understanding of the FCO budgeting/ forecasting and payment systems.
- Arabic speaker an advantage.
The Embassy aims to offer an attractive working environment and remuneration package for this role.
- Base Salary including Eid bonus - SAR 8,201.38
- Housing Allowance - SAR 2,050.34 (subject to eligibility)*
- Travel Allowance - SAR 400 (subject to eligibility)*
*Allowances are not payable to staff who receive official provision for such expenditure in some other form.
No accommodation and relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position.
Normal working hours for the Embassy are 08.00 to 15.00 Sunday to Thursday. This position is full-time, based on 35 hours per week.
The successful candidate will be subject to a 90-day probationary period.
The position is available to Saudi nationals and holders of Saudi residence permits or transferable Iqamas. Successful candidates will be required to transfer their sponsorship to the British Embassy.
The successful applicant will also be required to obtain the necessary security clearance. Higher clearances can be granted only to certain nationalities. For this reason, candidates must be of British, American, Australian, Canadian, or New Zealand nationality in order to gain the level of clearance required.
How to apply:
Interested candidates must attach the following documents along with their online application form:
- A covering letter
- An updated Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Your application must also include examples of when you have demonstrated the competencies outlined above in the Motivation section of the application form.
Applications that do not include these information will not be considered.
Closing date for applications is at 23:55 (KSA local time) on 17 January 2019.
Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, only those shortlisted for the next step in the recruitment process will be contacted.
The start date mentioned in the advert is an assumed start date and the successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment will be subject to the candidate achieving suitable clearances, medical clearance and reference checks.
The British Embassy Riyadh is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Saudi Arabian employment law.
This opportunity is closed to applications.