View Vacancy - MNL - Regional Finance Hub Account Manager, B3(L)
Main purpose of job:
This role will undertake the finance support to a number of offices across the Asia Pacific region. This will include the monitoring of budgets and forecasts, use of in-depth knowledge and experience to identify solutions for a complex range of financial questions, as well as apply best practices and knowledge of business issues to improve services. Individual is responsible for generating financial reports, reviewing, and analysing local budget spending to identify potential risks.
This position directly reports to the Head of the Finance Hub.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Provide stakeholders with in-depth analysis of the business results vs. budget, prior year and forecast leading to the identification of risks and opportunities and recommendations for appropriate actions to address them;
- Provide financial advice to offices on related commercial issues that affect business short term and strategic decisions. Actively participate in operational and strategic initiatives to influence business decisions;
- Analyze, communicate and perform resource allocation so that adequate resources are utilized in an optimized manner that is aligned with the organization’s strategic directions through sound portfolio management across the region.
- Liaise with individual Posts and Finance Business Partners in the UK and consolidate information across a region to monitor trends and variances.
- Create and analyze monthly, quarterly and annual reports and ensure financial information has been recorded accurately.
- Ensure financial management indicators [FPCIs] are robust and issues resolved appropriately within agreed timescales.
- Analyse the balance sheet accounts against the Offices in your respective region and ensure information is accurately and effectively reported.
- Monitor and analyze company cash position to cover cash commitments and cash forecasting
- Work with Offices to ensure cash management is accurately reported and processes are adhered to [including Other UK Government Departments who may be present].
REGIONAL PROCESS MONITORING
- Ensure consistency across all processes, both within the region and across other regional hubs.
- Operationally, ensure consistency of application of policies and financial processes, both within the region and across other regional hubs, to include:
-Liaison with and notification to, UK-based Finance Business Partners;
-Management of identified risks/provisions/contingent liabilities;
-Cash Management, including cash forecasting;
-Fixed Asset verification, management and accounting;
-Other Balance Sheet management to ensure historic/incorrect transactions are cleared;
-Budget Monitoring & forecasting;
-Use of Hyperion & OBIEE to prepare and promote budget & forecast information
-Monitoring Key Performance Indicators;
-Spend & cost driver Analysis [liaising with Procurement & HR colleagues];
-Assist with business planning;
-Chart of Accounts usage
- Five or more years of progressive Finance and Accounting professional experience in any of the following areas: Budget Management, Financial Planning & Analysis, Controllership, Audit;
- Experience working in a multi-cultural organisation
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Experience using OBIEE (Oracle Business Suite) and Hyperion planning;
- Experience managing a team
- CPA, CMA or other equivalent qualifications
The British Embassy offers a competitive compensation package, 36-hour work week, guaranteed 13th and 14th month pay, 20 days paid annual leave (calculated on a pro-rata basis if the service period is less than one full year), extensive medical insurance, life insurance and access to a guaranteed 5 days of learning opportunities a year.
No accommodation or relocation expenses are payable in connection with this position. You must have work authorisation in the Philippines in order to apply.
Employment offers are subject to successful clearance of pre-employment checks. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy Manila are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to the local Philippine employment law.
Candidates are expected to have a valid NBI Clearance and passport.
All applications must be received before 13 January 2019 at 23:55 Manila time.
Incomplete application forms will not be taken into consideration, so please ensure you provide the information requested. We regret to advise that we will only be contacting short-listed candidates. Applicants called for an interview will be assessed on the core competencies listed above.
The successful candidate should be able to start as soon as possible.
This opportunity is closed to applications.