View Vacancy - Regional Facilities Contract Manager (BEL18.774)
The FCO has outsourced the management of all its UK buildings, and some overseas properties, to specialist facilities management (FM) companies. These companies are responsible for providing services to staff, which includes catering, cleaning, pest control, heating & lighting, office moves and porterage. At Posts they also supply reception services, manage residential property and, in some locations, provide security guarding. They are also tasked with ensuring that we comply with health & safety requirements.
The FCO's Facilities Management Client Unit (FMCU) manages the outsourced contracts and acts as the interface between the private FM companies and the FCO as well as responsible for holding the budget for Global Maintenance Investment Funds at Posts without an FM Service provider.
Based in Brussels the Facilities Contract Manager will provide customer account management for Brussels and some additional sites across Europe. Accountability and ownership of the service performance and facilities expenditure within this region is essential, along with building effective customer relationships. The Regional Contract Manager (RCM) will enable and proactively manage and support the day-to-day delivery of effective Facilities Management services in accordance with agreed contract terms. The role will also ensure that services are delivered to the required contract standards and within agreed budgets.
- Main responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing legal compliance with the Service Provider and Post to maintain a safe and compliant environment in our offices and staff accommodation. Working alongside the overseas lead for risk.
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships with the Posts within your region, with the customers/building users/FCO directorates & departments and representatives of the FM supplier, ensuring customer expectations are properly managed.
- Ensuring that the needs of all stakeholders are identified, communicated and acted upon as appropriate, in line with correct processes and protocols.
- Providing clarity and guidance on contractual matters as they arise, ensuring a consistent approach is being taken across the region.
- Participate in performance monitoring including providing input and taking part in the Service Level Governance meetings as required.
- Act as the Client for all Forward maintenance Register projects, managing the delivery from budgeting to operational.
- Budget management, review quotations submitted by Service Provider, ensuring that works are delivered in accordance with pricing model.
- Maintaining regular contact with other regional RCMs and service provider staff and team leads to ensure uniformity of service provision and assistance in operational management.
A comprehensive understanding of the FM market, including contract management and technical facilities, ideally with exposure to international facilities management;
Health & Safety legislation knowledge;
Strong communication and customer engagement;
Supplier management skills;
Good negotiating and influencing skills;
Good financial literacy and profit/loss reporting experience;
Proficient English and independent user of French (both written and oral);
Ability to evidence capability against the FCO core competencies for this position, namely: Delivering Results; Problem Solving and Judgement; Customer Focus and Communicating and Influencing.
Professional qualifications or equivalent in a Property/FM or engineering related subject, and membership of a property/FM related professional body.
Knowledge of and ability to communicate in one or more of the languages used within the region.
Good knowledge of EU or regional procurement regulations.
This is a full-time contract for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week. The monthly gross salary for this position is € 6,245.59, C5 (L) level (The British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium salaries are not subject to annual indexation).
Please note that Belgian nationals will be paid their salary gross and are expected to comply with their tax obligations through completion of a tax return to the Belgian authorities. Non-Belgian nationals will receive their salary net, minus the deduction of an equivalent level of Belgian tax retained at source. Further information on this will be given to candidates during the recruitment process.
The successful candidates will be subject to professional background checks and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Diplomatic Missions in Belgium are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Belgian employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
This opportunity is closed to applications.