View Vacancy - Receptionist & Admin Officer A1 (L) (01/18 AS)
Main purpose of job:
To carry out Reception and Administration duties in BE Asmara, including management of HMA’s diary.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Cover all Reception duties - including greeting visitors, taking phonecalls, etc 25%
- Management of HMA’s diary & appointments 20%
- Travel administration - including arranging travel permits, making flight and hotel bookings, co-ordinating visa applications 10%
- Diplomatic Bag and External Administration – including dip bag and heavy baggage arrangements, and distribution of tasks to Embassy Drivers 25%
- General Office Administration, including responding to emails to embassy inquiries inbox 15%
- Post Health and safety co-ordinator 5%
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
- Diploma in a related field
- Tigrinya required, Fluent spoken and written English required’
- Experience of working for an international organisation.
Hours of work
Embassy opening hours are split unevenly across five days: 8:00am – 16:30pm Monday to Thursday and 8:00am – 12:30pm on Friday.
· Permanently employed locally engaged staff of all grades will be entitled to be paid annual leave as follows:
COMPLETED YEARS OF SERVICE DAYS LEAVE
Up to 2 years 24
After 2 years 26
After 5 years 29
After 7 years 31
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Eritrea with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- The British Embassy is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Eritrea.
- Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
- If you have not heard from us 3 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
This opportunity is closed to applications.