View Vacancy - New Business Development Adviser for Tallinn (EST18.776)
The British Embassy in Estonia is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a motivated New Business Development Adviser to join the Department for International Trade (DIT). DIT has overall responsibility for promoting UK trade across the world and attracting foreign investment to the UK. We are a specialised government body with responsibility for negotiating international trade policy, supporting business, as well as delivering an outward-looking trade diplomacy strategy. The main purpose of this job is to advance the UK’s commercial interests in market as part of wider Europe Regional DIT team; to identify major projects and opportunities for UK businesses to lead or supply goods / services; to provide support to UK companies operating in market (ODI); to support the UK’s Industrial Strategy, Prosperity and Security agenda in market; and to identify local companies preparing for UK activities (FDI).
In more detail, main responsibilities will be:
- Achievement of increased trade and investment between the UK and the local market (main areas of opportunities are infrastructure, Defence & Security and Energy sectors);
- Identification of and delivery of action plan to mitigate local market access and trade barrier issues;
- Initiation of commercial activities profiling UK strengths within selected industrial sectors;
- Wider internal engagement in Europe to leverage regional expertise and action plans.
- Fluency in English and Estonian (both oral and written);
- Minimum of 10 years experience in business development and in delivering success;
- Time management and task prioritisation skills;
- Business development skills;
- Lobbying experience;
- Experience influencing at board level;
- Important local network of business contacts;
- Confidence and experience working with private / public businesses;
- Thorough understanding of trade and market issues;
- Self-starter working independently.
This is a full-time, permanent contract. Working hours Monday to Friday from 0900 to 1700 hrs (40 hours gross per week).
The successful candidate will be subject to confirmation of a background check and security clearance.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Estonia. The British Embassy does not sponsor for work permits. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Estonia are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Estonian employment law.
Visa / passport requirements: must currently hold the independent right to live and work in Estonia and be prepared to ensure that right remains throughout the scope of the contract.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”. We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Embassy will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.